Toshiba Breaks Barriers Bringing Highly Mobile Notebooks with Satellite R800
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, today announced the Satellite R800 series, a new range of slim, light and high-spec notebooks targeted at consumers. The series includes the 33.8cm (13.3") Satellite R830, the 35.6cm (14.0'') Satellite R840 and the 39.6cm (15.6'') Satellite R850. Thanks to a sophisticated heat management system Toshiba has managed to integrate Intel's latest full-performance CPUs into the slim casings. The Satellite R800 series models are estimated to be available during the second quarter 2011 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"The new Satellite R800 series include slim, lightweight and fully-featured high-quality notebooks that are affordable for the masses," said Marco Perino, General Manager Digital Products Division, Toshiba Europe. "It offers an unparalleled blend of innovative technologies, the latest connectivity tools, high quality, durability, comprehensive configuration and a remarkable price performance ratio."
R800 gives users what they need
Featuring the most in-demand interfaces, the Satellite R800 series notebooks easily connect to the world. They come with a high-speed USB 3.0 port allowing data rates of up to 5GB. This allows back-ups of data-demanding files such as videos, high-quality photos or large music libraries on a USB 3.0 compatible storage device such as the Toshiba STOR.E ART 4 can now be done quickly within minutes. With fast wireless interfaces (WLAN 802.11n, Bluetooth 3.0 + HS) but also an HDMI port the Satellite R800 notebooks meets all needs of a modern digital lifestyle. Despite their slim design all Satellite R800 models come with an optical disc drive as standard.
Technology made to differentiate
In order to pack such a powerful punch into such slim and light devices, Toshiba made use of various innovative technologies. A sophisticated cooling system optimises heat removal and allows using the latest powerful Intel CPUs while keeping fan noise at a minimum. The casing's honeycomb structure in certain areas of R830's and R840's casing and chassis pillars on the 35.6cm (14.0'') and 39.6cm (15.6'') devices embedded into the notebook's interior makes the Satellite R800 series devices highly robust. Protection of the electronic and mechanical components is supported by either a highly resistant magnesium alloy casing (R830) or a new High Stiffness Resin casing (R840 and R850).
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM