Toshiba Breaks Barriers Bringing Highly Mobile Notebooks with Satellite R800
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, today announced the Satellite R800 series, a new range of slim, light and high-spec notebooks targeted at consumers. The series includes the 33.8cm (13.3") Satellite R830, the 35.6cm (14.0'') Satellite R840 and the 39.6cm (15.6'') Satellite R850. Thanks to a sophisticated heat management system Toshiba has managed to integrate Intel's latest full-performance CPUs into the slim casings. The Satellite R800 series models are estimated to be available during the second quarter 2011 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"The new Satellite R800 series include slim, lightweight and fully-featured high-quality notebooks that are affordable for the masses," said Marco Perino, General Manager Digital Products Division, Toshiba Europe. "It offers an unparalleled blend of innovative technologies, the latest connectivity tools, high quality, durability, comprehensive configuration and a remarkable price performance ratio."
R800 gives users what they need
Featuring the most in-demand interfaces, the Satellite R800 series notebooks easily connect to the world. They come with a high-speed USB 3.0 port allowing data rates of up to 5GB. This allows back-ups of data-demanding files such as videos, high-quality photos or large music libraries on a USB 3.0 compatible storage device such as the Toshiba STOR.E ART 4 can now be done quickly within minutes. With fast wireless interfaces (WLAN 802.11n, Bluetooth 3.0 + HS) but also an HDMI port the Satellite R800 notebooks meets all needs of a modern digital lifestyle. Despite their slim design all Satellite R800 models come with an optical disc drive as standard.
Technology made to differentiate
In order to pack such a powerful punch into such slim and light devices, Toshiba made use of various innovative technologies. A sophisticated cooling system optimises heat removal and allows using the latest powerful Intel CPUs while keeping fan noise at a minimum. The casing's honeycomb structure in certain areas of R830's and R840's casing and chassis pillars on the 35.6cm (14.0'') and 39.6cm (15.6'') devices embedded into the notebook's interior makes the Satellite R800 series devices highly robust. Protection of the electronic and mechanical components is supported by either a highly resistant magnesium alloy casing (R830) or a new High Stiffness Resin casing (R840 and R850).
Latest News Posts
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Team Cherry announces Hollow Knight physical copy release
- Space Hulk: Tactics trailer unveiled, October 9 release
- Life is Strange 2 revealed, new trailer/screenshots
- Broforce publisher announces Switch release Sept 6th
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada