CORSAIR DOMINATOR DELIVERS EXTREME SPEED & PERFORMANCE IN NEW ALIENWARE AREA-51 ALX DESKTOP
Alienware Area-51 ALX Overclocked to 1600MHz for High-Performance Gaming
Fremont, CA, June 26, 2008 - Corsair® https://www.corsair.com, a worldwide leader in high performance computer and flash memory products, announced today that the recently relaunched Alienware Area-51® ALX high performance gaming platform now includes 4GB of Corsair's award winning overclockable DOMINATOR DDR3 memory. Using Corsair's DOMINATOR memory modules, the Alienware Area-51 ALX runs with rock-solid stability at the overclocked memory frequency of 1600 MHz.
"It was important to use DDR3 memory on the new Area-51 ALX because we wanted to use the latest and fastest technology available," stated Patrick Cooper, Director of Product Planning at Alienware. "Corsairs' DDR3 DOMINATOR modules allowed us to run 4GB of memory at an amazing speed of 1600MHz."
The DOMINATOR family of memory represents the ultimate in performance technology engineering from Corsair. DOMINATOR is designed with the highest performing IC overclocking capability and Corsair's patented DHX cooling. DHX technology is an innovative quad-layer heat sink design that optimizes memory performance and reliability by maximizing thermal dissipation. With DHX Technology, heat is removed via two paths - the leads of the BGA chips into the PCB (conductive cooling) and the back of the BGA packages into the custom designed extruded aluminum heat sinks (convective cooling). This allows DOMINATOR modules to achieve outstanding overclocking performance, while remaining stable and reliable.
"We are very pleased to have our DOMINATOR modules chosen by the engineering team at Alienware," stated Andy Paul, CEO of Corsair. "Our DDR3 DOMINATOR series is becoming the memory of choice for very high-end gaming computers, such as the Area-51 ALX model, since we can guarantee stable memory operation at very high speeds due to the DHX cooling technology used inside the modules."
More information on the Alienware Area-51 ALX can be found at https://www.alienware.com.
Corsair's award winning DOMINATOR memory is widely available from Corsair retailers and etailers. Corsair memory products are backed by a lifetime warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and the TSXpress helpdesk are also available. For more information, see https://www.corsair.com.
Corsair, Inc. has earned a reputation as being the first to market performance leader with cutting-edge products for the PC enthusiasts. Corsair supplies DRAM Memory, Flash Memory, Power Supplies and Water-cooling solutions for high-performance gaming systems, mission critical servers and portable notebooks. Performance, Reliability and Innovation - It is Corsair.
Alienware offers unique and award-winning technology products that incorporate state-of-the-art components, innovative engineering and design, and unprecedented customer service. Alienware has been recognized by INC 500; won the Shoppers' Choice Award as the Best Performance Desktop by Computer Shopper's reader survey; had its Alienware Area-51 ranked among "The 25 Greatest PCs of All Time" by PC World and also received PC Magazine's Reader's Choice Award in its 18th Annual Reader Survey. Alienware systems are available direct within the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. For more information, please visit https://www.alienware.com or call 1-800-ALIENWARE (254-3692).
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit