ASUS Unveils the Most Powerful DirectX 10 Motherboard with Diverse Array of Graphics Enhancing Technologies
ASUS P5N7A-VM Motherboard Delivers Exceptional Graphics Performance with Hybrid SLI, CUDA and PhysX Support
Taipei, Taiwan, October 23, 2008 - ASUS is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with NVIDIA in the creation of the most powerful DirectX (DX) 10 motherboard-the ASUS P5N7A-VM motherboard. A showcase of intelligent and innovative motherboard design, the P5N7A-VM features an LGA775 socket for Intel® Core2 Extreme / Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo processors and supports the GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i chipset and memory expansion of up to a maximum of 16 GB with four DDR2 800/667 dual channel memory slots. With support for Hybrid SLI, CUDA and PhysX graphics acceleration, the P5N7A-VM promises to be the most powerful DX10 motherboard in the consumer market today.
The Most Powerful DX10 Solution
The P5N7A-VM boasts a wide range of VGA connection options such as HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, and RGB, which means that it is ready for future digital upgrades.Coupled with NVIDIA's Hybrid SLI technology, users can utilize entry-level VGA card and still obtain a great increase in graphics performance of up to 70%+*.
CUDA or Computer Unified Device Architecture uses parallel processing of both the processor cores in the GPU and CPU to perform general-purpose mathematical calculations. This results in a faster data transfer path between the GPU and CPU, and also a significant increase in the performance of tasks traditionally handled by the CPU alone.
The PhysX processor is a dedicated physics processor that delivers unprecedented immersion and onscreen action that is impossible to reproduce on just CPUs and GPUs alone. By incorporating the PhysX technology, gamers will be taken to a completely new level of gaming interaction with enhanced realism for explosions, flying debris, liquid flows, water splashes and wind-affected movements. With more than 150 games that can now feature complex characters, objects and environments that will fully interact with the user in real-world ways and in real-time, users will experience believable and engaging gameplay that changes every time they play the game.
Latching onto the latest trend, the P5N7A-VM's DisplayPort interface delivers higher performance and improves digital display connectivity. Even more cutting-edge DisplayPort enhancements are already underway to facilitate digital applications. With the P5N7A-VM, users can be one step closer to the forefront of the digital entertainment world.
ASUS-exclusive Features for Convenience, Energy Efficiency and Longer Durability
The P5N7A-VM incorporates the ASUS Express Gate, which only takes 5 seconds** to go online from bootup without entering Windows, providing users with a suite of excellent entertainment options without the typical long wait. It also utilizes the ASUS' exclusive EPU technology to control four major components: the CPU, VGA card, hard disk drives, and the CPU cooler/system fan, to calibrate the best possible settings to ensure the best system-wide power management. The P5N7A-VM is also equipped with a 5000-hr VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) design based on 100% high quality Conductive Polymer Solid Capacitors that are 2.5 times more durable than conventional capacitors. With such high quality components, users will be able to attain higher power efficiency, better stability, quieter operation and lower temperatures to ensure stability and reliability under heavy loading and overclocking.
* With 8400GS or 8500GT GPU
** Actual boot time is subject to hardware configurations and product models
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit