Super Talent Develops Small Solid-State Drives (SSDs) for Hard Disk Drive Replacement
0.85-Inch and 1.0-Inch SSD Uses Intel® NAND Flash-based Solid-State Drive technology
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Oct. 22, 2008 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced two new ultra-small solid-state drives (SSDs) that were developed using Intel technology for use in UMPC (Ultra Mobile PC) and DMB (Digital Multimedia Broadcasting) devices.
Super Talent is introducing 1.0-inch and 0.85-inch SSD models, both of which employ a parallel ATA (PATA/IDE) interface with a ZIF connector. These are definitely among the world's tiniest SSDs, designed to be smaller, faster, lighter and cheaper than the smallest hard disk drives (HDDs).
Super Talent C.O.O., Mr. CH Lee explained, "Super Talent's goal is to offer a comprehensive range of solid-state storage devices that are adaptable to every form factor and interface. We understand that each sector of the market has different storage requirements, and we're developing SSDs that are tailor made for each sector. This line of ultra small SSDs not only positions Super Talent as a leader in storage miniaturization, it represents an excellent range of storage solutions for the UMPC market."
These new SSDs are based on the Intel® Z-P140 Solid-State Drive, a NAND-based solution that combines a controller with single level cell NAND Flash Memory. "The Intel Z-P140 Solid-State Drive provides a flexible solution for a company like Super Talent to customize, using their in-house design and manufacturing capabilities, to meet additional market requirements for ultra small form-factor products," said Don Larson, product line marketing manager, Intel NAND Products Group.< o:p>
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, Calif., designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factory and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active m ember of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies, and holds more than 200 patents in Flash and DRAM technology.
Pricing is approximate as of announcement date and may change without notice. Usable capacity is less than specified after formatting. Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit