TYAN Announces AMD FireStream¬ô Compatible GPGPU Server Motherboards
Dual Processor HPC Platforms Support up to Eight GPUs in a 4U System
SC'10, New Orleans, LA - November 16, 2010 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., today announced four server platforms that are fully compatible with AMD FireStream¬ô GPU compute accelerators.
The AMD FireStream¬ô GPU compute accelerators are general purpose graphics processing units that deliver exceptional floating point processing capabilities, and are used widely in HPC, cloud and enterprise-scale applications, helping reduce cycle times with up to 2.64 TFLOPs of single precision performance.
"TYAN offers an outstanding selection of platforms that are designed to take full advantage of AMD FireStream GPU compute accelerators," said Patricia Harrell, director, Stream Computing, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "AMD's work with TYAN is helping usher in a new generation of exciting form factors and computing capabilities, in large part due to the exceptional performance capabilities of AMD's graphics technology."
These four TYAN platforms were designed specifically for GPU computing, and support solutions that range from one AMD FireStream compute accelerator in a 1U server up to eight compute accelerators in a 4U platform. These platforms feature double-wide PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, and meet the special mechanical requirements as well as the power and airflow needs to support AMD FireStream 9170, 9250, 9270, 9350 and 9370 GPU compute accelerators.
8-GPU 4U platform
4-GPU 4U platform
4-GPU 4U platform supports dual AMD Opteron¬ô 4100 series processors
Up to 2-GPU rack optimized 2U platform supports dual AMD Opteron 6100 series processors
Kevin Hart, TYAN's director of product marketing, noted that "these GPGPU platforms, armed with AMD FireStream GPU compute accelerators, deliver shocking floating point performance that is exponentially faster than x86 CPUs in some applications."
All of these AMD FireStream-compatible server platforms are available worldwide now through TYAN's authorized distributors. OEM pricing is available upon request. See these models and all TYAN's latest server boards on display in TYAN's booth at the Supercomputing 2010 convention in New Orleans, November 15-18.
MiTAC International Corp. (TSE:2315) offers consolidated services to its OEM and consumer customers. MiTAC consists of three major businesses: client computing business, enterprise business and mobile devices business. TYAN officially merged with MiTAC International Corporation in 2007. MiTAC is a recognized leader in server platforms and storage devices with established strength in R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain management, service and support.
TYAN, as a leading server brand within the MiTAC Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 server and workstation platforms and server solutions. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, system integrators, and resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable board- and system-level server solutions. For more information see https://www.tyan.com.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit