TYAN Announces AMD FireStream¬ô Compatible GPGPU Server Motherboards
Dual Processor HPC Platforms Support up to Eight GPUs in a 4U System
SC'10, New Orleans, LA - November 16, 2010 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., today announced four server platforms that are fully compatible with AMD FireStream¬ô GPU compute accelerators.
The AMD FireStream¬ô GPU compute accelerators are general purpose graphics processing units that deliver exceptional floating point processing capabilities, and are used widely in HPC, cloud and enterprise-scale applications, helping reduce cycle times with up to 2.64 TFLOPs of single precision performance.
"TYAN offers an outstanding selection of platforms that are designed to take full advantage of AMD FireStream GPU compute accelerators," said Patricia Harrell, director, Stream Computing, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "AMD's work with TYAN is helping usher in a new generation of exciting form factors and computing capabilities, in large part due to the exceptional performance capabilities of AMD's graphics technology."
These four TYAN platforms were designed specifically for GPU computing, and support solutions that range from one AMD FireStream compute accelerator in a 1U server up to eight compute accelerators in a 4U platform. These platforms feature double-wide PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, and meet the special mechanical requirements as well as the power and airflow needs to support AMD FireStream 9170, 9250, 9270, 9350 and 9370 GPU compute accelerators.
8-GPU 4U platform
4-GPU 4U platform
4-GPU 4U platform supports dual AMD Opteron¬ô 4100 series processors
Up to 2-GPU rack optimized 2U platform supports dual AMD Opteron 6100 series processors
Kevin Hart, TYAN's director of product marketing, noted that "these GPGPU platforms, armed with AMD FireStream GPU compute accelerators, deliver shocking floating point performance that is exponentially faster than x86 CPUs in some applications."
All of these AMD FireStream-compatible server platforms are available worldwide now through TYAN's authorized distributors. OEM pricing is available upon request. See these models and all TYAN's latest server boards on display in TYAN's booth at the Supercomputing 2010 convention in New Orleans, November 15-18.
MiTAC International Corp. (TSE:2315) offers consolidated services to its OEM and consumer customers. MiTAC consists of three major businesses: client computing business, enterprise business and mobile devices business. TYAN officially merged with MiTAC International Corporation in 2007. MiTAC is a recognized leader in server platforms and storage devices with established strength in R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain management, service and support.
TYAN, as a leading server brand within the MiTAC Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 server and workstation platforms and server solutions. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, system integrators, and resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable board- and system-level server solutions. For more information see https://www.tyan.com.
Latest News Posts
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Ethereum could replace Visa networks, even game servers
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower