TYAN 1U Dual Opteron¬ô 6100 Based Server Motherboards Earn VMware¬ģ Certification
S8236 and S8230 Dual AMD¬ģ Opteron Server Boards Support 12-Core "Magny Cours" Processors
Fremont, CA.-November 2, 2010 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., today announced its S8230 and S8236 series dual AMD Opteron 6100 Series Processor based server motherboards have received VMware certification.
"These certifications demonstrate TYAN's continued commitment to supporting VMware and virtual server environments" said Kevin Hart, TYAN's Director of Product Marketing. Both these boards support 12-core Opteron processors, 4-channel DDR3-1333 memory and HT3, which give them outstanding performance as virtual servers. These dual Socket G34 boards are designed around AMD's SR5690 chipset and support a pair of Opteron 6100 series "Magny Cours" processors. Based on an industry standard Extended ATX form factor, all five models can be deployed in a wide variety of off-the-shelf server chassis.
According to Mr. Hart, "The S8236, a 1U rack-optimized server board, is the ultimate motherboard for HPC applications due to its full 48-link HyperTransport¬ô implementation between CPUs. The board features two 16-bit and two 8-bit HT3 channels for unbridled communication between processors."
S8236 packs an impressive list of on-board features with ASPEED AST2050 graphics, SATA RAID, eight USB ports, rear COM port for IPMI, three Gigabit Ethernet ports, one of which can be used for iKVM. S8236 models also includes (2) PCI-E Gen 2.0 x16 slots which support half-length sized PCIE cards via a 1U riser card (PCIe riser card sold separately). An optional LSI SAS2008 controller provides eight additional storage ports.
The TYAN S8230 server board includes many of the same on-board features as S8236, but (-LE version excluded) also features four PCI-E slots plus two legacy 32-bit PCI slots for greater expandability as a general purpose server motherboard.
All five new VMware certified server motherboard models are available worldwide now through TYAN's authorized distributors. OEM pricing is available upon request. See these models and all TYAN's latest server boards on display in TYAN's booth at the Supercomputing 2010 convention in New Orleans, November 15-18. See more product details at https://www.tyan.com.
MiTAC Group (TSE:2315) offers consolidated services to its OEM and consumer customers. MiTAC consists of four major business units: CSBU (Consumer Systems Business Unit), ESBU (Enterprise System Business Unit), MBU (Mobile Communication Devices Business Unit) and TBU (TYAN Business Unit). TYAN officially merged with MiTAC International Corporation in 2007. MiTAC is a recognized leader in server platforms and storage devices with established strength in R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain management, service and support.
TYAN, as a leading server company within the MiTAC Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 server and workstation platforms and server solutions. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, system integrators, and resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable board- and system-level server solutions.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard