G-Technology Puts Super Sleek USB Storage in Your Pocket
Portable storage has never looked so good with the new G-Technology G-DRIVE slim from Hitachi GST. Just in time for the holidays, and making a perfect external storage companion to the Apple Macbook, MacBook Pro or Macbook Air, the new G-DRIVE slim external hard drive gives users 320GB of storage and ubiquitous USB 2.0 connectivity in an amazingly slim form factor. The new drive is designed from the inside out to emulate G-Technology's known quality and style for the Apple Mac market, providing simple, reliable and affordable external storage for college students, business professionals and consumers on the go.
The new G-DRIVE slim leverages Hitachi GST's rugged, 7mm Travelstar Z5K320 drive, making it the thinnest, 2.5-inch external hard drive in the world. With its diminutive footprint - just a mere 128.6 mm (L) x 82 mm (W) by 9.9 mm (H), - sleek design and recyclable aluminum enclosure, users now have a stylish drive to help them move, work and play with their digital content. Lightweight and compact, weighing in at approximately 144g (5 oz), users can easily carry up to 80 hours of high-definition video, 320 hours of standard video, 114 movies, 80,000 songs or 160 games wherever they go.
Rugged on the inside, the Hitachi Travelstar Z5K320 drive gives the G-DRIVE slim superior operating shock protection and quiet acoustics for use in the home, in the office or on the road. On the outside, the G-DRIVE slim's solid aluminum enclosure acts as a heat sink, keeping the internal drive cool and data protected. Because of G-Technology's ongoing commitment to quality, the G-DRIVE slim can be easily stowed and transported in a purse, backpack or briefcase.
Formatted for Macs with simple plug 'n' play connectivity, the G-DRIVE slim is Time Machine ready for added backup protection. It is USB-powered, so there is no need to carry around an extra power cord.
"Our new G-DRIVE slim is yet another way that we're making high quality storage more accessible and affordable for consumers," said Mike Williams, vice president and general manager, Hitachi GST Branded Business. "There's been mounting interest from our global network of retailers and distributors to provide a G-Tech-quality, entry-level portable offering and the G-DRIVE slim is that drive. It gives users a simple external storage solution with the same quality and attention to detail that we put into our entire line of premium external storage solutions."
The new G-Technology G-DRIVE slim comes with a three-year limited warranty and is currently available online and at Apple Retail Stores. The manufacturer's suggested retail price for the 320GB drive is $99.99.
Latest News Posts
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Square Enix to make more HD-2D games like Octopath Traveler
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019