Nokia smartphones, meet your smarter browser
Opera Mini 5.1 beta for Nokia smartphones makes browsing smarter
The world's most popular mobile browser is now optimized for the world's most popular smartphone platform. Opera Software today released the beta version of Opera Mini 5.1 optimized for Symbian.
The native version of Opera Mini for Symbian features all the innovations Opera Mini is known for, such as Speed Dial for the users' favorite websites, tabbed browsing and an attractive user interface.
The Opera Mini 5.1 native beta release brings several key improvements to the Opera Mini browser on Nokia smartphones:
- Support for more devices than ever
- Significantly faster start-up time
- Improved page-load and scrolling performance, especially on older devices
- Full support for device text input methods
- Improved fonts
- Device integration for copy & paste, email client and more
- Option to choose default access point - no more annoying dialogs
Previously, owners of S60 handsets were restricted to using the Java version of Opera Mini. The new, optimized version improves performance and is better integrated with other applications. Nokia smartphones based on Symbian are very popular among Opera Mini users, and this release translates into a better browsing experience, while saving on data traffic charges and fees.
"It is Opera's objective to provide its users with the best possible web-surfing experience on any device," said Christen Krogh, Chief Development Officer, Opera Software. "Porting Opera Mini to the Symbian programming language provides the largest user base in the smartphone world with the best mobile browsing experience."
It is available for free on more than 3000 different mobile phone models, in all markets. Available for download at m.opera.com. The beta version will be available in English; other languages will follow in a later release.
Fast facts about Opera Mini
- The most popular mobile browser on the market
- More than 71 million monthly users worldwide
- More than 36.9 billion pages processed each month
- The Opera Mini servers compress the webpages up to 90%
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ