PatriotĀ® Launches Viper Xtreme Family of High-Performance DDR3 Modules
Copper and Aluminum Heat Shield Provides 5% More Efficient Cooling
Fremont, California, USA, October 19, 2010- Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today expanded their lineup of DDR3 memory solutions with the launch of its new Viper Xtreme Series Extreme Performance DDR3 memory. The Viper Xtreme series of products utilize a custom developed aluminum and copper heat shield to achieve improved cooling and stability.
Patriot Viper Xtreme series modules have a custom designed heatshield with a copper insert across the DRAM chips and a slim profile extruded anodized aluminum outer piece. This unique design offers enhanced thermal performance resulting in a 5% improvement in heat dissipation over aluminum based heatshields. Viper Xtreme modules pass a thorough qualification and screening process on multiple high-performance motherboards to ensure performance and reliability for overclocking. These modules are targeted and designed specifically for performance enthusiasts and overclockers looking for an edge in benchmark efforts and to push the boundaries of computing performance.
"Patriot has been offering some of the fastest performance memory solutions in the world, and our Viper Xtreme series delivers a high-end solution with a custom heatshield built around a copper core to offer better cooling", says Les Henry, Patriot's VP of Engineering. "Our in-house engineering expertise and knowledge of the enthusiast market has helped us push the boundaries and set the standard for DDR3 memory solutions. With Viper Xtreme series modules showcase our expertise in developing and delivering performance solutions for the enthusiast market."
The Patriot Viper Xtreme series of products are launching today with the immediate availability of dual-channel 4GB and 8GB 2000MHz (PC3-16000) kits designed for IntelĀ® P55 platforms. Additional speeds and capacities will follow and include tri-channel kits for use with IntelĀ® X58 platform based systems. Viper Xtreme Series kits are geared as the ultimate upgrade for enthusiasts looking to reach new heights in performance and benchmarking. Each module is individually hand tested and qualified in the Patriot lab at our headquarters in Fremont, CA. Using the new Viper Xtreme heatshields built with an extruded aircraft-grade aluminum heat spreader and an inner copper strip (6 grams per module), these modules quickly dissipate heat from the memory ICs resulting in improved stability and reliability during extreme overclocking conditions. Engineers in our labs have demonstrated a 5% improvement in thermal dissipation over aluminum only heatsheild designs.
For more information on the Patriot Xtreme Series of DDR3 modules. please visit the product page here.
For the product image embedded above, please visit the following link here.
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors. It has operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory's parent company, PDP Systems, Inc., was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit