Sharkoon QuickPort: HD Docking Station in HiFi Design
Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Home | for 2.5 and 3.5" SATA Hard Drives | with card reader and USB-Port | connection over USB2.0 or eSATA | MSRP 49.90 euros
Hard drives have long ago found a way to bring a digital library into the living room. In order to transfer videos, pictures and music from PC data carriers to appropriately equipped televisions, digital receivers, gaming consoles or HD media players it needed an external hard drive enclosure. Unfortunately, these usually came in a functional PC component design.
An easy to use and suitable living room alternative is now introduced by Sharkoon. The accessory specialist has the pleasure of adding an elegant HiFi design to their QuickPort hard drive docking station. With its slim size, the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Home assumes the look of a classic HiFi device due to its brushed aluminium front panel, which covers the entire display, and its black finish with round, silver foot stands.
Behind the front panel of the SATA QuickPort Home, two push-to-open slots for 3.5 and 2.5 inch SATA hard drives are hidden. As with other Sharkoon QuickPort models, handling is quite simple: Mounting the hard drive is not a time consuming endeavour, but merely inserted into its appropriate slot. The disk disappears completely into the housing. A preinstalled, temperature regulating fan ensures that the hard drive does not overheat during operation.
For external connections, an eSATA and a USB2.0 port are also provided. In addition to the two hard drive bays, the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Home is equipped with a card reader for SD/SDHC, MMC and MS memory cards, and two USB ports on the front and backside so that data from digital cameras, USB sticks, external hard drives, or perhaps even more QuickPorts can be attached. The front signals the operating status with the help of a blue LED display.
The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Home measures 240 x 206 x 47.5 mm (L x W x H), weighs 950 grams without hard drives and supports the operating systems Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit). An instruction manual; power supply with EU, UK and US adapter; a USB2.0 and a eSATA cable are included within shipping.
End customers will find the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Home available immediately for the recommended retail price of 49.90 euros in authorized retailers.
For further questions, to request samples and/or photos, or other information please contact us or go to https://www.sharkoon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM