Kingston Digital Launches USB 3.0 Flash Drive
DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Supports Fast Transfer Rates
Sydney, Australia: September 27, 2010 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping its first USB 3.0 Flash drive. The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Flash drive takes advantage of the faster USB 3.0 specification that has up to ten times the data transfer rates of the current USB 2.0 specification.
The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 has a read speed of 80MB/sec. and a write speed of 60MB/sec. It is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. The combination of speed and size makes it ideal for data backup or fast transferring of large files including music, photos and videos. To ensure backwards compatibility, Kingston is also including a Y cable as some USB 2.0 ports require it to initialize USB 3.0 drives.
"USB 3.0 is the next major milestone in Flash memory for USB products and Kingston wants to have a solution in the marketplace for early adopters," said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. "The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 is our first USB 3.0 Flash drive offering and is designed for enthusiasts who like to embrace new technology before it goes mainstream."
During internal testing, a 1 hour 44 minute movie (3.9GB) was written to the drive in 1 minute 13 seconds. Similarly, a 2 hour 23 minute DVD (4.4GB) transferred to the drive at a fast 1 minute 23 seconds.
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 USB Flash drive is backed by a five-year warranty, free tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit https://www.kingston.com/asia/.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Features and Specifications:
Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
Backwards compatible**: with USB 2.0
Speed***: data transfer rates for USB 3.0 up to 80MB/sec. read and 60MB/sec. write;
USB 2.0: approximately 30MB/sec. read and 30MB/sec. write
Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70 mm x 22.20 mm x 16.10 mm)
Operating Temperature: 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C)
Storage Temperature: -4° to 185° F (-20° to 85° C)
Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
Warranty: 5 Years
Pricing and Availability
Manufacturer: Kingston Digital
Product Name: USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Australian Distributors: Avnet Australia Pty Ltd, Ingram Micro, Simms International Pty Ltd., Synnex Australia PTY Ltd.
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ, Simms NZ
Warranty: Kingston Flash memory is backed by a five-year warranty and free technical support.
Availability: October 2010
To discuss this product on Kingston Blog, please go to https://www.kingston-blog.com. To try the game Challenge Your Memory, please go to
https://www.kingston-blog.com/challenge_your_memory/en/. To get the freshest information on Kingston, please go to http://twitter.com/KingstonFEPR.
To find out if your Kingston product is genuine, Kingston also provides an online verification site: https://www.kingston.com/anz/verify. To try the game Search for Genuine Kingston, please go to anti-counterfeit.kingston-blog.com. For the interesting animation: The Adventures of Rex, please visit: https://www.theadventuresofrex.com.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (KDI) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the worlds largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit https://www.kingston.com/anz.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit