Buffalo Technology Unleashes High speed USB 3.0 Blu-ray Drive
Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of storage and wireless networking solutions, today launched its Blu-ray USB 3.0 drive. Available from September, early USB 3.0 adopters who require fast speed back up to Blu-ray technology will benefit from improved playback and burning performance of Blu-ray discs, DVDs, or CDs. Additionally, the 12-speed drive is ideal for creating back-up videos, photos and music and to standard DVD and CD.
The Buffalo Blu-ray USB 3.0 drive delivers a simple and affordable ultra high-speed Blu-ray writer that can write up to 50GB, on a double layer disc. Additionally the drive allows users to easily convert regular movies to 3D and upscale DVDs and video files to HD quality.
Paul Hudson, Sales Director for Northern Europe at Buffalo Technology comments: "As USB 3.0 is gaining ground and sophisticated digital media like HD and 3D are evolving, there is an increased demand for access to these combined technologies. Buffalo Technology recognises this demand and understands the importance of delivering this technology simply and affordably. The new USB 3.0 Blu-ray burner provides early adopters with a USB 3.0 plug-n-play solution for superfast burning and the best possible play back of Blu-ray, as well as 3D and HD."
Users can start burning and playing Blu-ray discs quickly and easily using the high speed USB 3.0 connection by simply plugging the device into a computer and installing CyberLink Media Suite Software. Only one device will be needed for all optical media as the Blu-ray USB 3.0 drive is compatible with all DVD & CS formats. The device is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports.
New Key Features
Up to 12x Blu-ray Write using a USB 3.0 connection
Up to 6x Blu-ray Write using a USB 2.0 connection with TurboUSB technology
New 3D technology makes movies more dramatic
Experience regular DVDs in near HD quality with the
CyberLink DVD Upscaling Feature
CyberLink Media Suite, Includes PowerDirector,
PowerProducer, PowerDVD, Power2GO, PowerBackup,
InstantBurn, and MediaShow
Ideal for use in making backup videos, photos and music
Read/Write Speeds: [list]
BD-R Single Layer (8x/12x)
BD-R Double Layer (8x/12x)*
BD-RE Single Layer (8x/2x)
BD-RE Double Layer (6x/2x)
DVD-R Single Layer (16x/16x)
DVD-R Double Layer (12x/8x)
DVD+R Single Layer (16x/16x)
DVD+R Double Layer (12x/8x)
Price (UK): £199.99.
Latest News Posts
- Wolfenstein II goes old school, with a new demo released
- Tesla's battery grid in South Australia finished early
- Project CARS 2 demo now available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Ethereum reaches record high of $414, mining is now easier
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil: real custom Vega
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ