EIZO Releases 23-inch Full-HD Home Entertainment Monitor
Eizo Nanao Corporation today announced the FORIS FS2331, a 23-inch full high-definition (1920 x 1080 native resolution) monitor for home entertainment. "The FORIS FS2331 is designed to do many things very well at a competitive price," said Minoru Kontani, senior manager of EIZO's Overseas Sales & Marketing Department. "We expect it to appeal to a wide range of consumers who are looking for a stylish monitor on which they can enjoy gaming, watching movies, photo editing, and reading ebooks."
The FORIS FS2331's versatile connections include dual HDMI inputs to connect with devices such as Blu-ray disc players, HD game consoles, and computers. Up to four PCs can be connected at once using DVI-D (digital) and D-Sub (analog) PC inputs along with the HDMI inputs.
For home cinema viewing, the FORIS FS2331 offers several features for realistic moving image playback. EIZO's ContrastEnhancer corrects gamma levels in both dark and light images to the ideal levels and raises the LCD panel's dynamic contrast ratio from 3,000:1 to 10,000:1 yielding deep blacks and fine details in dark movie scenes. The monitor also features a VA (vertical alignment) panel with horizontal and vertical viewing angles of 178° and brightness of 300 cd/m².
Six preset modes are included to ensure the color settings are ideal for any application: Cinema, Paper, sRGB, Game, and two modes for user adjustable settings. Paper mode simulates printed paper and helps prevent eyestrain when reading ebooks or documents by adjusting the black level and reducing the contrast ratio.
Game mode activates two EIZO features called "Power Resolution" and "Power Gamma." Power Resolution makes the details in both low and high resolution games look clearer and sharper. Power Gamma applies a special gamma curve to games and other animated images that amplifies the feeling of contrast to make them look more three dimensional. Other features that optimize the monitor's performance for gaming are a gray-to-gray response time of just 7 ms and an input lag of less than one frame.
With the bundled ScreenManager Pro for LCD utility software1, any preset mode can be assigned to an application so that when the application is opened, the screen automatically changes to its assigned mode. This software can also be used for adjusting the monitor's color settings with the mouse or keyboard instead of the OSD menu.
The FORIS FS2331 debuts a new cabinet design that features a long, narrow imprint that runs from side to side across the lower front bezel. The imprint is for affixing a red, gray, or blue color stripe so users can personalize the appearance of their monitor. The color stripes are included.
For amateur digital photography enthusiasts, this monitor is compatible with EIZO EasyPIX, an optional color matching tool for simple color matching between the monitor and photo prints.
EIZO EasyPIX measures and saves the monitor's settings and creates a color profile. It consists of color matching software and EIZO's EX1 color sensor. For photo editing, gaming, and other tasks where color display is critical, the FORIS FS2331 includes 10-bit gamma correction. This function uses a 10-bit look-up table with a palette of more than one billion colors to select the most appropriate 16.7 million colors for smooth display of color gradations without banding.
Remote control for access to the OSD, selecting the active input signal, adjusting volume, etc.
Dual 0.5 watt internal speakers and a headphone jack.
Auto EcoView brightness sensor that reads the ambient lighting and adjusts the screen's brightness to the ideal level.
EcoView Index gauge that encourages environmental consciousness by indicating power savings from using Auto EcoView.
Energy Star 5.0 and TCO Displays 5.1 compliance.
Five-year manufacturer's limited warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 710: built on 10nm, arrives soon
- Acer's new Predator Helios 500 notebook: Core i9, GTX 1070
- DICE looking to adapt battle royale into Battlefield games
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be at E3 2018
- PS5 won't launch before 2021
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit