SAPPHIRE Ships in Single Link Adapter for Eyefinity
Lower cost solution for third monitor
Recognising the demand for a lower cost solution to using the DisplayPort output for a third monitor in ATI Eyefinity mode on its HD 5000 series cards, SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced a DisplayPort to Single Link DVI adapter.
Eyefinity mode requires the third monitor to be either a DisplayPort (DP) monitor or a monitor connected with an active adapter to synchronise the signals for a DVI or HDMI monitor*. Earlier active DP to Dual Link DVI adapters were considered to be too expensive by many users who did not need ultra high resolution.
SAPPHIRE's new DP to Single Link DVI adapter is an active solution in a short pigtail format with DP plug to DVI female connector that allows users to connect DVI monitors with resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200. Used with a DP equipped SAPPHIRE HD 5000 series graphics card, this enables landscape Eyefinity modes of up to 5760 x 1200, including 5760 x 1080 with widescreen monitors, as well as portrait modes of up to 3600 x 1920.
SAPPHIRE is offering this solution to make Eyefinity more affordable for users with existing DVI monitors, or wishing to match up existing monitor styles.
For more information about Eyefinity, please visit https://www.sapphiretech.com
Note * Except if using SAPPHIRE FleX Edition that directly supports three DVI monitors.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit