Fujitsu Debuts Ultimate Road Warrior LIFEBOOK Tablet PCs
GPS joins the line-up for feature-packed frequent traveler favorite LIFEBOOK T Series tablet PCs
Munich, August 12, 2010 -
Fujitsu today announces the ultimate notebooks for the true road warrior - new tablet PC LIFEBOOK T Series models packed with all must-have features for the frequent traveler, now also including optional built-in GPS (global positioning system).
The new models are perfect for the portable computer user always on the move and most at home in an airport lounge, behind the wheel, on-site with a customer or catching up on mails in a coffee shop. This is because the new LIFEBOOK T730 and LIFEBOOK TH700 models include optional GPS as well as featuring embedded 3G/UMTS, WLAN and Bluetooth for unrivalled mobile connectivity.
Light, fast and flexible are keywords that personify the new 12.1-inch Fujitsu LIFEBOOK T730 and TH700 models, designed from the ground-up as ideal traveling companions. Tipping the scales from 1.8kg, the LIFEBOOK T Series models are light enough to be carried around all day. The tablet PCs are also fast, featuring the latest powerful 2010 Intel® Core Processor Family, combined with optional super-responsive SSD hard disk drives and ample memory to run even the most-complex applications.
Flexibility comes from the twist-to-touch tablet screen, which is bi-directional, Windows® 7 multiple touch technology, and the modular bay accommodating a DVD drive, a second battery, a Blu-ray Disc combo drive or a second hard disk drive. Even with a single battery, the models offer all-day runtime. This is due to extended battery life and energy-saving features such as an integrated Ambient Light Sensor that automatically adjusts display brightness to the working environment.
It is almost impossible to be out-of-contact while on the move with the LIFEBOOK T730 and TH700 models thanks to the optional embedded mobile broadband (3G/UMTS) module featuring mobile download rates of up to 7.2 Mbit/s N-standard WLAN, and Bluetooth. Meanwhile even the most geographically challenged mobile users will be able to make a beeline to their next appointment by using the built-in GPS module, as this pinpoints the notebook's exact location on the globe at any time.
For a mobile user, security is also a priority, and both new Fujitsu LIFEBOOK tablet PC models offer biometric logon and the LIFEBOOK T730 also offers data encryption via an optional TPM (Trusted Platform Module). Also available for both systems is subscription-based Advanced Theft Protection that enables a lost or stolen notebook to be remotely locked, data to be erased, and speeds recovery by helping find the machine's current location.
Rajat Kakar, Vice President Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions, says: "As more and more mobile computer users choose tablet PCs for their convenience and flexibility, it is also the attention to detail that helps Fujitsu LIFEBOOK models come to the forefront. When choosing a tablet PC, it's important to look for the little touches that make life easier, such as a screen that will twist in both directions, the support for multiple touch, and superior connectivity options."
The LIFEBOOK T730 and TH700 models are immediately available direct from Fujitsu or Fujitsu resellers. Pricing varies according to country and configuration.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see:www.fujitsu.com.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit