Rambus and NVIDIA Sign Patent License Agreement
Agreement Covers Memory Controllers for Certain DRAM
LOS ALTOS, CA and SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/13/2010 -- Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS), one of the world's premier technology licensing companies, and NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual computing, today announced they have signed a patent license agreement related to certain memory controllers.
Under the agreement, Rambus has granted NVIDIA a patent license for certain memory controllers at a 1 percent royalty rate for SDR memory controllers and a 2 percent royalty rate for other memory controllers, including DDR, DDR2, DDR3, LPDDR, LPDDR2, GDDR2, GDDR3, GDDR4, and portions of GDDR5 memory controllers. NVIDIA has granted no licenses to Rambus.
The signed patent license agreement went into effect on August 12, 2010. The parties have not signed any releases of liability, nor dismissed any outstanding litigation between them.
The terms of the license are per the agreement that Rambus offers as part of its commitment with the European Commission. A sample of the Memory Controller License Agreement is available at https://www.rambus.com/licensing.
About Rambus Inc.
Rambus is one of the world's premier technology licensing companies. Founded in 1990, the Company specializes in the invention and design of architectures focused on enhancing the end-user experience of electronic systems. Rambus' patented innovations and breakthrough technologies help industry-leading companies bring superior products to market. Rambus licenses both its world-class patent portfolio, as well as its family of leadership and industry-standard solutions. Headquartered in Los Altos, California, Rambus has regional offices in North Carolina, Ohio, India, Germany, Japan, and Taiwan. Additional information is available at https://www.rambus.com.
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce ® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro ® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and has offices throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz