Mana Bar to expand to Melbourne, Sydney and Internationally
Thursday, 12th August 2010 - After opening just over four months ago, the world's first dedicated console video game cocktail bar is expanding to open up venues in Melbourne, Sydney, and Internationally.
Originally opening in Brisbane, Australia in March 2010, the Mana Bar features all the latest video game consoles playable alongside an extensive selection of unique cocktails, craft beers and premium spirits. It has been both a critical and commercial success, and due to a heavy public demand the creators have decided to expand.
By making the venue accessible to a general audience while still being credible to your more discerning gamers, the Mana Bar has successfully broken all expectations as well as stigmas about the kind of people that play games.
"What we've seen is the opposite of so many people's expectations" says owner Guy 'Yug' Blomberg. "Having casual multiplayer games actually gets our patrons socialising with each other more than any other bar or club I've been to."
Thanks to a successful online social media presence as well as national and international recognition, the demand for a Mana Bar in other cities has been loud among the communities.
"The Mana Bar's Sydney and Melbourne will be open before the end of the year, and expanding into the rest of Australia will follow very shortly after. We are currently in discussions with other passionate entrepreneurs around the world who want a Mana Bar in their countries as well."
"It's exceptionally exciting, and we're amazingly humbled that so many people have enjoyed our idea as much as we have!"
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One