Graphic Remedy gDEBugger Incorporates S3 Graphics Chrome GPU OpenGL Hardware and Software Support
OpenGL application developers optimize performance on Chrome 400 GPUs with gDEBugger
Fremont, California and Tel Aviv, Israel, 6 October 2008 - S3 Graphics, a leading provider of graphics and visualization technologies, and Graphic Remedy, an innovative provider of OpenGL performance tools, today announced the support of the latest Chrome 400 Series GPUs with the gDEBugger performance measurement utility. The Chrome 400 Series GPUs support the latest OpenGL 2.1 API and hardware HD video decode for Blu-ray playback.
S3 Graphics and Graphic Remedy have been working closely together over the past year on incorporating S3 Graphics hardware and driver support into gDEBugger. This combination offers a powerful performance optimizing solution for OpenGL application developers using S3 Graphics hardware. "The aim of the S3 Graphics and Graphic Remedy cooperation is to give developers the best-in-class solution and get the optimal results and usability out of S3 Graphics hardware," said Avi Shapira, CEO of Graphic Remedy.
The powerful integration between gDEBugger and S3 Graphics provides real-time statistics (performance counters) representing utilization, throughput, and other performance metrics within the S3 Graphics hardware and driver. Monitoring these performance counters allows unprecedented visibility of graphics activity and throughput at various points in the graphic pipeline. OpenGL developers can use these performance counters to identify graphic pipeline bottlenecks, optimize their code based on application feedback, and measure the success of different optimizations they apply.
"gDEBugger is an excellent solution for OpenGL developers who care about the performance of their application. S3 Graphics has been working extensively with Graphic Remedy to ensure that gDEBugger fully supports our current and future graphics architectures. The integration of gDEBugger with S3 Graphics hardware performance metrics gives developers valuable, in-depth analysis of any OpenGL application to get the most out of our hardware using this advanced tool," said Iming Pai, VP of Software at S3 Graphics.
Streamlining the OpenGL Debugging and Profiling Experience
gDEBugger is a powerful OpenGL and OpenGL ES debugger and profiler. It delivers one of the most intuitive OpenGL development toolkits available for graphics application developers. gDEBugger lowers development cost by saving debugging and profiling time, boosting application robustness by tracing application activity on top of OpenGL to provide the needed information a developer needs to find bugs, and optimizing application rendering performance.
New Frontiers in Hi-Def Performance
The S3 Graphics Chrome 400 Series GPUs are based on proven 65nm process technology and features an energy efficient multimedia architecture that scales from 300MHz to 600MHz and incorporates the following key features:
- OpenGL 2.1 graphics architecture
- Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 2upport
- ChromotionHD Programmable Video Technology
- Codec support includes WMV-9 HD, MPEG-2 HD, VC-1, H.264, DivX, and AVS
- S3 Graphics PowerWise Technology
- PCI Express®2.0
- Advanced Display Connectivity
More information on the S3 Graphics Chrome 400 Series may be found on the S3 Graphics website at: http://www.s3graphics.com/en/products/chrome_400/
About Graphic Remedy
Graphic Remedy is an innovative software company specializing in software applications for the 3D graphics market, specifically developers programming with OpenGL. With many years of experience in graphics development, Graphic Remedy's goal is to design innovative applications that make OpenGL programming faster and easier, saving programmers' time and money. gDEBugger is the first in a line of products to meet this goal. https://www.gremedy.com
About S3 Graphics
S3 Graphics is a leading provider of innovative graphics visualization technologies for the notebook and desktop markets. As a quality supplier to the OEM and retail markets, S3 Graphics powers consumer, corporate and multimedia platforms to bring best-in-class energy efficiency, graphics/video performance, and visual features to the user. Our long-term commitment to customers is to bring reliability, quality, performance and state-of-the-art features to the forefront of PC applications. https://www.s3graphics.com
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ