Elpida Develops Smallest 2-Gigabit LPDDR2 Memory Chip
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had developed a 2-gigabit DDR2 Mobile RAM, the DRAM industry's smallest LPDDR2 chip. The new DDR2 is expected to become the main product manufactured by the 40nm process line at Elpida's Hiroshima Plant (the 40nm line is currently undergoing a capacity expansion).
The new 2-gigabit DDR2 Mobile RAM was developed to target the smart phone and tablet PC markets. In addition to featuring low operating voltage of 1.2V it achieves a 1066Mpbs high-speed data transfer rate and can reach 8.5GB/second for a 64-bit system configuration. Because it uses roughly 30% less operating current compared with Elpida's existing 50nm products the new Mobile RAM is an eco-friendly DRAM that contributes to extending the operating time of mobile devices.
Elpida plans to ship the new DDR2 as a bare chip for MCP and to configure it for PoP and FBGA packages. The company's FBGA packages fully leverage die-stacking technology to provide an extensive line-up of 2-gigabit to 8-gigabit products that can meet a variety of customer needs.
Sample shipments of the new 2-gigabit DDR2 Mobile RAM will begin in August and mass production is expected to start in September of this year.
Elpida, a leading provider of DRAM for mobile devices, has advanced technology that supports development of the next generation of smart phones and Tablet PCs.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit