-- GIGABYTE Announces 800 Series Overclocking Contest on HWBOT --
-- Win a GIGABYTE Super Overclock Edition Graphics Card --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - July1, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced a new overclocking completion in conjunction with HWBOT.org called the GIGABYTE 800 Overclocking Contest.
The contest comes at a time when the FIFA World Cup approaches its climax as the top teams vie for World Cup domination, and poses a challenge of its own in the search for the best overclocker using AMD 800 series motherboards. There are five stages, each with a different benchmark challenge, and at the end of the five stages, the top 3 overclockers will win a new GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5000 series graphics card. The competition rules are simple but the rewards are big, so get your hardware tuned, hone your skills and submit your record-breaking scores. Good Luck!
Rules: Contestants must use any GIGABYTE 800 series motherboard (890FX, 890GX, 880G, 870). Scores must be submitted and approved by HWBOT.
Top 1: GV-R587SO-1GD http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/VGA/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=VGA&ProductID=3414&ProductName=GV-R587SO-1GD
Top 2: GV-R577SO-1GD http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/VGA/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=3435
Top 3: GV-R575SL-1GI http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/VGA/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=3412
Five Stages Benchmarks:
Stage 1: Super Pi 32m (July 1st - 16th)
Stage 2: Super Pi 1m (July 1st - 16th)
Stage 3: Wprime 32m (July 17th - 23rd)
Stage 4: Wprime 1024m (July 17th - 23rd)
Stage 5: CPUz ( July 24th - 31st )
1st Place: 10 points
2nd Place: 8 points
3rd Place: 6 points
4th Place: 5 points
5th Place: 4 points
6th Place: 3 points
7th Place: 2 points
8th Place: 1 point
To learn more about the GIGABYTE 800 Series Overclocking Contest, please visit:
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit https://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard