MSI Launches AMD Opteron 4000 Series Server Platform Motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan - June 23, 2010 - MSI, a well-known personal computer system and components designer and manufacturer, today released its new AMD Opteron 4000 Series processor-based server motherboards: MS-91F7 and MS-96D7.
MSI lines up with AMD's strategy and has developed 2P and 1P AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform (formerly code-named: "San Marino") server board in CEB and ATX form factors respectively, and plans to bring the server motherboards to market soon. MSI's 2P volume AMD Opteron-based server board, MS-91F7, can be configured with 3 options: desired PCIe lanes between SR5650 and SR5670, MUX selector of one x16 PCIe Gen2 slot or two x8 PCIe Gen2 slots, and dual layout of Aspeed BMC controller of AST1100 or AST2050.
"The AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform demonstrates our success in delivering the best solutions for the volume 2P and value 1P market segments," said Patrick Patla, vice president and general manager, Server and Embedded Divisions, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "MSI's AMD Opteron platforms were designed to take advantage of the 4100 Series processor features and deliver a compelling solution for their customers."
"The AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform features the world's lowest power-per-core server processors and delivers exceptional value with unprecedented platform flexibility, which brings significant advantage of large scale data center deployment one step closer to green grid computing," said Norman Tsai, General Manager of Server business unit at MSI. "With raising concern of power consumption in data center, the AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform features the world's lowest power-per-core server processorwhile 6 core per processor still delivers and meets today and future's workloads. All these great features certainly bring tremendous benefit to our customers from a large scale deployment."
The 1P "San Marino"-based server board from MSI, MS-96D7, is targeting value entry-level servers for a wide range of applications in the web hosting and SMB markets.
For more information about MSI's Server boards for AMD Opteron 4000 Series, visit https://www.msi.com.
Latest News Posts
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz