MSI Launches AMD Opteron 4000 Series Server Platform Motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan - June 23, 2010 - MSI, a well-known personal computer system and components designer and manufacturer, today released its new AMD Opteron 4000 Series processor-based server motherboards: MS-91F7 and MS-96D7.
MSI lines up with AMD's strategy and has developed 2P and 1P AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform (formerly code-named: "San Marino") server board in CEB and ATX form factors respectively, and plans to bring the server motherboards to market soon. MSI's 2P volume AMD Opteron-based server board, MS-91F7, can be configured with 3 options: desired PCIe lanes between SR5650 and SR5670, MUX selector of one x16 PCIe Gen2 slot or two x8 PCIe Gen2 slots, and dual layout of Aspeed BMC controller of AST1100 or AST2050.
"The AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform demonstrates our success in delivering the best solutions for the volume 2P and value 1P market segments," said Patrick Patla, vice president and general manager, Server and Embedded Divisions, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "MSI's AMD Opteron platforms were designed to take advantage of the 4100 Series processor features and deliver a compelling solution for their customers."
"The AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform features the world's lowest power-per-core server processors and delivers exceptional value with unprecedented platform flexibility, which brings significant advantage of large scale data center deployment one step closer to green grid computing," said Norman Tsai, General Manager of Server business unit at MSI. "With raising concern of power consumption in data center, the AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform features the world's lowest power-per-core server processorwhile 6 core per processor still delivers and meets today and future's workloads. All these great features certainly bring tremendous benefit to our customers from a large scale deployment."
The 1P "San Marino"-based server board from MSI, MS-96D7, is targeting value entry-level servers for a wide range of applications in the web hosting and SMB markets.
For more information about MSI's Server boards for AMD Opteron 4000 Series, visit https://www.msi.com.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion release date
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit