MSI Launches AMD Opteron 4000 Series Server Platform Motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan - June 23, 2010 - MSI, a well-known personal computer system and components designer and manufacturer, today released its new AMD Opteron 4000 Series processor-based server motherboards: MS-91F7 and MS-96D7.
MSI lines up with AMD's strategy and has developed 2P and 1P AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform (formerly code-named: "San Marino") server board in CEB and ATX form factors respectively, and plans to bring the server motherboards to market soon. MSI's 2P volume AMD Opteron-based server board, MS-91F7, can be configured with 3 options: desired PCIe lanes between SR5650 and SR5670, MUX selector of one x16 PCIe Gen2 slot or two x8 PCIe Gen2 slots, and dual layout of Aspeed BMC controller of AST1100 or AST2050.
"The AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform demonstrates our success in delivering the best solutions for the volume 2P and value 1P market segments," said Patrick Patla, vice president and general manager, Server and Embedded Divisions, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "MSI's AMD Opteron platforms were designed to take advantage of the 4100 Series processor features and deliver a compelling solution for their customers."
"The AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform features the world's lowest power-per-core server processors and delivers exceptional value with unprecedented platform flexibility, which brings significant advantage of large scale data center deployment one step closer to green grid computing," said Norman Tsai, General Manager of Server business unit at MSI. "With raising concern of power consumption in data center, the AMD Opteron 4000 Series platform features the world's lowest power-per-core server processorwhile 6 core per processor still delivers and meets today and future's workloads. All these great features certainly bring tremendous benefit to our customers from a large scale deployment."
The 1P "San Marino"-based server board from MSI, MS-96D7, is targeting value entry-level servers for a wide range of applications in the web hosting and SMB markets.
For more information about MSI's Server boards for AMD Opteron 4000 Series, visit https://www.msi.com.
Latest News Posts
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- New No Man's Sky Visions updated leaked
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card