Psyko Audio Labs Achieves Illustrious Red Dot Award
Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset System internationally recognized for its innovative approach to surround sound headphone design
Calgary, Alberta - June 9, 2010 - Psyko Audio Labs Inc., a leading innovator in PC Gaming headphone technology, is ecstatic to announce that the revolutionary Psyko 5.1 PC gaming headset was recently awarded the prestigious "red dot" award for product design in 2010.
"All products that have won the red dot design award had to convince an international expert jury of their quality. The products stand out from the masses with their excellent design and innovative approaches and proved their quality in one of the toughest design competitions worldwide," explains design expert Professor Dr. Peter Zec, initiator of the red dot design award. This year, designers and companies from 57 nations with a total of 4,252 products competed for a "red dot award: product design."
Psyko 5.1 will be honored at the red dot design museum on the premises of the 'Zeche Zollverein' World Cultural Heritage Site in Essen. Psyko Audio's flagship product will be on display from 6 July to 1 August 2010 in the exhibition "Design on stage - winners red dot award: product design 2010". Psyko Audio will join the ranks of past winners such as Apple, Bose, Nikon, Sennheiser, and Sony. Many companies, most of which are industry veterans, have aspired to reach this esteemed goal but few have had the honor of actually attaining it. The Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset will be presented in the red dot design museum's permanent exhibition for at least one year. With approximately 1,500 products on more than 4,000 square metres, the red dot design museum houses the largest permanent exhibition of contemporary design worldwide, and serves as the pantheon for the most influential products around the world.
"It's extremely humbling to see our unique design highly regarded by one of the most prestigious design organizations in the world" remarks James Hildebrandt, Head Psyko at Psyko Audio labs. "We're excited to leverage future advancements in 5.1 headphone design to deliver gamers the most immersive and enjoyable experience possible."
The Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset System is now available for $299.99 in the USA and Canada at major online stores such as Tigerdirect, Newegg, NCIX CompSource, and more, as well as in retail shops such as Frys Electronics and Memory Express. For additional information and a brief video demonstration, go to http://www.psykoaudio.com/
About Psyko Audio Labs
Psyko Audio Labs Inc. is a private, Calgary-based consumer electronics company, started in 2007 to revolutionize gaming headphones. Their main product, the Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset with its patent pending PsykoWave technology, helps gamers instantly and accurately hear where everything is around them. Psyko 5.1's natural abilities to create true surround sound provide a significant advantage over the alternative, where all sounds must be pre-processed to simulate directionality. https://www.psykoaudio.com
The red dot design award
Today, the red dot design award, the origins of which go back to 1955, is the largest and most renowned design competition worldwide. It consists of the individual disciplines "red dot award: product design", "red dot award: communication design", and "red dot award: design concept". In 2009 the competition recorded about 12,000 entries from more than 60 nations.
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure