3DMarkĀ® 11 Announced, Trailer and Images Released
Deep Sea Tech Demo to be Shown at Computex, Taipei
HELSINKI, FINLAND - May 24, 2010 - FuturemarkĀ®, the developer of the world's most popular benchmarking software, today announced 3DMarkĀ® 11, the latest version of their industry standard benchmark for real-time 3D graphics. Designed to measure the performance of DirectX 11 gaming PCs, 3DMark 11 uses a native DirectX 11 engine created in-house. To accompany the announcement Futuremark has released a trailer and screenshots taken from a 3DMark 11 tech demo called "Deep Sea". http://www.3dmark.com/
Deep Sea is a demonstration of DirectX 11 technologies created using an early development build of the 3DMark 11 engine. The Deep Sea trailer features submersibles exploring the sea floor. Volumetric lighting illuminates the seabed with tessellation used to add rich detail to the rock, coral and manmade structures. Post processing delivers depth of field and other lens effects. The music is an original composition.
"For over 10 years 3DMark has shown gamers what to expect from the next generation of real-time 3D graphics," said Jukka MĆ¤kinen, Futuremark CEO, "So we are especially excited to announce 3DMark 11 and show the possibilities of DirectX 11 with the release of the Deep Sea trailer."
The trailer, a selection of screenshots and further information about 3DMark 11 can be found on a newly launched website: http://www.3dmark.com/
The 3DMark 11 Deep Sea tech demo will be shown publicly for the first time on the MSI booth at Computex in Taipei, from June 1 - 5.
3DMark 11 will be released in the third quarter of 2010. There will be a free edition available at launch. 3DMark 11 will join existing Futuremark benchmarks 3DMark Vantage for DirectX 10 and 3DMark06 for DirectX 9. Please visit the official website for more details: http://www.3dmark.com/
3DMark is the world's most popular benchmark for evaluating next generation PC gaming hardware. First released in 1998, 3DMark has since been downloaded by millions of people around the world. It is supported by an online database containing over 35 million results with new results submitted every few seconds on average. Featuring a combination of real-time visual and numerical computation tests, 3DMark is the standard for measuring PC gaming performance. Widely used by the hardware press and technology manufacturers, 3DMark is trusted by gamers and enthusiasts worldwide to cut through marketing hype and technical jargon to give accurate and unbiased guidance for PC hardware purchasing decisions.
About FuturemarkĀ® Corporation
FuturemarkĀ® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs. FuturemarkĀ® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including 3DMarkĀ®, PCMarkĀ® and PeacekeeperĀ, and its value-added online services. FuturemarkĀ® Games Studio, wholly owned by FuturemarkĀ® Corporation, creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay. The studio's first title, Shattered HorizonĀ, was released in November 2009. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM