Opera delivers the Web to Realtek's digital media processors
Oslo, Norway, and Taipei, Taiwan - May 3, 2010
Opera Software and Realtek Semiconductor Corp., a world-leading provider of network and multimedia ICs, today announced that Realtek will deploy the Opera Devices SDK on its latest "Full-HD Digital Media Processor", the RTD1073/RTD1283. By selecting the Opera Devices SDK, Realtek now possesses the necessary Web tools to implement a full Web browser, create user interfaces and design unique Web applications for consumer electronics devices.
Realtek's Full-HD Digital Media Processor is a highly integrated System on a Chip (SoC) for consumer electronics products, such as media players, digital media adaptors/servers and networked media modules for embedded devices. Realtek's processor offers high-performance playback of multiple AV formats, including all common Internet formats. The RTD1073/RTD1283 will be the first Realtek products to deploy the Opera Devices SDK.
"The Web has invaded all aspects of our lives, starting with our computers and progressing all the way to our cars, refrigerators, game consoles and portable media players. Opera has been there every step of the way, readying the Web for each new device that hits the market," said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "By combining our solution with Realtek's, we are better able to target new market segments and bring the Web to even more devices."
"Our customers are increasingly asking for advanced Internet capabilities, complete with rich network protocols, in our high-quality digital media processors," said Jessy Chen, Realtek's Executive Vice President. "We found that the Opera Devices SDK delivers the best device performance, while providing us with the flexibility we require to integrate it quickly and easily with our products."
RTD1073/RTD1283 coupled with Opera Device SDK, provides CE manufacturers with the necessary tools to build a full Web browser and/or create a modular platform dedicated to Web- based content, services or widgets. This solution will be shipped with Realtek's latest digital media processors.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. is one of the world's leading IC providers. Realtek designs and develops a wide range of IC products for communications network, computer peripheral, and multimedia applications. Products include 10/100/1000M Ethernet Controllers/PHYs, 10/100/1000M Ethernet Switch Media Converter/Gateway Controllers, Wireless LAN Controllers & AP/Router SoCs, DSL Chips, VoIP Solutions, AC'97/High Definition Audio Codecs, Clock Generators, Card Reader Controllers, Web Camera Controllers, LCD Monitor/ATV/DTV Controllers, and Digital Media Processors. With advanced design expertise in RF, analog, and mixed signal circuits, and with strong manufacturing and system knowledge, Realtek offers full- featured, high-performance, and competitive total solutions. More information on Realtek can be found on our Web site: https://www.realtek.com.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined Web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform Web browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit