-- GIGABYTE First with AMD USB 3.0 Motherboard Certification --
-- USB-IF Certifies GA-870-UD3 Motherboard Extending GIGABYTE's SuperSpeed USB Leadership & Expanding the USB 3.0 Ecosystem --
Taipei, Taiwan, May 6, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and computing hardware solutions is proud to announce that the GA-870A-UD3 is the world's first motherboard for the AMD platform to receive SuperSpeed USB certification from the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). More GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards are SuperSpeed USB certified than any other brand, and until now, these products have been based on the Intel X58 and P55 chipsets only. The recently released GA-870A-UD3 offers a SuperSpeed USB certified motherboard to AMD users for the first time, while sweetening the deal considerably with cutting-edge technologies like GIGABYTE On/Off Charge, which allows users to quick charge their iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch anytime.
"We're delighted to see the GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 become the first SuperSpeed USB certified AMD motherboard because we were also first to launch an AMD USB 3.0 board in November 2009," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "We have made it our goal to be the No. 1 USB 3.0 motherboard brand through quick time to market and superior innovation around USB technologies, and this is how we were able to reach shipments of 1 million USB 3.0 motherboards by the end of Q1, 2010. Look forward to many more USB 3.0 'firsts' from GIGABYTE in the months ahead."
GIGABYTE: No. 1 USB 3.0 Motherboard Brand
GIGABYTE boasts an impressive list of USB 3.0 related achievements since the launch of the first USB 3.0 motherboards on October 27th, 2010 that include:
1. First to launch USB 3.0 motherboards on October 27th, 2009
2. First with a USB 3.0 motherboard for the AMD platform on November 25, 2009
3. First USB 3.0 motherboard to earn Windows 7 logo certification
4. World's first USB 3.0 community website on December 23, 2009 listing USB 3.0 devices to help develop the SuperSpeed USB ecosystem (www.usb3motherboard.com)
5. First 'Compatible with GIGABYTE USB 3.0' logo program for partner USB 3.0 devices that have passed Gigabyte compatibility testing
6. First motherboard to receive USB-IF SuperSpeed USB certification at the end of 2009 the GA-P55A-UD3
7. USB-IF certifies multiple GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards making GIGABYTE the leader in SuperSpeed USB certified motherboards
8. GIGABYTE announces 1 million USB 3.0 motherboards shipped - capturing 1/3 of the global USB 3.0 platform market
9. GIGABYTE is a keynote speaker at the USB-IF's SuperSpeed USB DevCon in Taipei
10. First with motherboard USB port iPad charging capability from GIGABYTE 3x USB power technology
11. First with iPhone On/Off Charge capability on April 23rd, 2010
12. First AMD motherboard to be SuperSpeed USB certified by the USB-IF
About the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard
With support for the latest AMD Phenom II X6 six-core processors, native SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) (via the SB850 Chipset), USB 3.0 and ATI CrossFireX/Hybrid CrossFireX, the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 offers unmatched processing power, super fast data transfer performance and multi-graphics support that will elevate you to a whole new level of mainstream computing. The GA-870A-UD3 is designed with the best quality components as part of the GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 family, featuring 2x the amount of copper compared to a traditional PCB design, and delivering a host of cutting-edge features such as EasyTune6 PC management tools, Easy Energy Saver power saving utilities, DualBIOS and support for Energy Related Products Directive (ErP), providing a powerful, yet power efficient desktop PC platform.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit https://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ