ASUS Launches World's First 1GB Onboard Memory Version for EAH4800 Series
Enjoy the Best Multimedia Playback and up to 7°C Lower Temperatures with ASUS EAH4800 Series
Taipei, Taiwan, June 20, 2008 - Catering to users who require top notch graphics cards, ASUS, world-leading producer of quality graphic solutions has today unveiled the world's first 1GB onboard memory version of the latest ATI Radeon HD 4850 GPU with the ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/1G. The unparalleled large onboard memory size is specially designed for feature-rich DirectX 10 gaming, and the best multimedia playback at ultra-high resolutions and maximum quality settings. Additionally, the ASUS EAH4870 TOP and EAH4850 TOP will be released soon with impressive performance results to provide superb gaming performances. Every ASUS EAH4800 Series graphics card will also soon be equipped with the Glaciator Fansink* - a uniquely designed cooling solution that will keep GPU temperatures up to 7ºC cooler than reference designed boards. On top of all this, the ASUS EAH4870/G/HTDI/512M will also come bundled with the latest survival video game - Alone in the Dark.
Unprecedented 1GB Onboard Memory for Ultimate Graphics
Memory size is very important for performance, as even a powerful GPU can suffer from bottlenecks due to slow and insufficient video memory. The more memory installed on a video card, the more data it can store - thus eliminating the need to access PC RAM and providing faster graphical performance. With most current and upcoming games requiring increasingly high video memory requirements, the ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/1G, with its unprecedented 1GB of built-in memory, will provide greatly enhanced performances, and allow users to fully enjoy games or movies without lag or stuttering even at very high resolutions and maximum quality settings.
Up to 7ºC Cooler with Exclusive Glaciator Fansink
The ASUS EAH4800 Series utilizes the specially designed Glaciator Fansink that effectively dissipates heat away from the graphics card. Much like a glacial storm, the Glaciator Fansink quickly transfers heat away from the GPU to lower temperatures by a whopping 7ºC on the EAH4850 in comparison to reference design boards**. Besides this extreme cooling capacity, it operates very quietly with noise levels of only 25dB - almost imperceptible in a quiet room; and caters to users who require maximum cooling without excessive fan rotation noise.
World Exclusive Hottest Game Bundle - Alone in the Dark
The original Alone in the Dark video game was the first game to launch survival gaming as a genre; and this latest version once again sets the standard with a heart-stopping survival experience realized through state-of-the-art real-time physics and unprecedented environmental interaction. Incorporating Twilight technology and a full fledged rendering engine, the game creates a lavishly detailed world filled with highly realistic and advanced cinematographic effects. With the powerful performance of the ASUS EAH4870/G/HTDI/512M, gamers will be able to enjoy exhilarating action-orientated gaming experiences within a highly detailed, open environment.
HD Gaming/Video with Break-through Efficiency
The ASUS EAH4800 Series brings the power of graphical "supercomputing" to gamers - setting a new standard for visual computing. With the new TeraScale graphics engine, immersive, cinematic gaming experiences will redefine the way to play games and take HD gaming to a brand new level. With the ASUS EAH4800 Series, users will also be able to watch Blu-ray movies and play HD content with incredible visual fidelity and breakthrough efficiency - all without compromising performance.
* The ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/1G and EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M will come directly with the upgraded version
** Testing Platform
CPU: P4 3.0G
M/B: P5B Deluxe
O.S.: Windows XP
Test Program: 3D Mark '03 (repeat GT4/Mother Nature)
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit