HD Entertainment goes Mobile with the ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PR
-- ASUS launches the new Eee PCÂ™ Seashell 1005PR featuring BroadcomÂ® Crystal HD technology for a rousing HD multimedia experience. --
Fremont, CA (May 3rd, 2010) - ASUS today announced that its multi-award winning Eee PC Seashell Series of netbooks - which include the Eee PC Seashell 1005PE and 1001P - is joined by the new Eee PC Seashell 1005PR. This multimedia centric netbook delivers a rich and smooth High Definition online viewing experience when watching your favorite streaming movies, television/news programs and user-generated videos.
Extending the User Experience with High Definition Multimedia Playback
"Broadcom's latest Crystal HD technology puts HD multimedia in the hands of netbook users allowing them to access their favorite content anywhere at any time," said Dan Eiref, Vice President and General Manager of Broadcom's Consumer Electronics line of business. "The Broadcom Crystal HD solution brings a unique value to ASUS netbooks, providing a new level of performance and power consumption at a market leading price point."
Exceptional Energy Efficiency and Cost Effective Performance for All-day Computing
The Eee PCÂ™ Seashell 1005PR comes equipped with the IntelÂ® AtomÂ™ processor N450, 250GB Hard Drive, 10.1" LED Backlit screen with HD capable 1366x768 resolution, Broadcom Crystal HD Accelerator (BCM70015)*, 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity, Bluetooth v2.1, HD audio, and up to 11 hours**of battery life. The Eee PC 1005PR also features ASUS' proprietary Super Hybrid Engine. This technology tailors energy consumption patterns to suit any task at hand, optimizing energy efficiency and reducing power usage by up to 15%.
Excellent Features, Design and Ergonomics for an Unmatched User Experience
The updated Eee PC Seashell 1005PR features dual operating systems, enabling it to boot into Windows 7 Starter Edition or Express Gate. The latter boots up in just seconds, allowing users to surf the web, browse their photos, as well as chat and play games online almost instantaneously. For its superlative ergonomics, design quality, finish and innovation, the entire Eee PC Seashell Series was recently honored with a 2010 iF product design award.
The ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PR is available today at authorized resellers for an MSRP of $399.99.
* Full software support for AdobeÂ® FlashÂ® Player (v10.1) and Windows Media Player (v12) as well as other third-party media players for HD playback.
** MobileMark 2007 Reader Mode, battery life will vary based on usage and conditions.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Please visit usa.asus.com for more information.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PCÂ™. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit