New Crucial High-Density Server Memory Boosts Computing Power
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today introduced 8GB Crucial DDR3-1066 (PC3-8500) CL9 very low-profile (VLP), ECC registered dual in-line memory modules (RDIMMs), enabling blade and low-profile server users to populate their systems with up to 144GB of memory, depending upon motherboard and processor configuration. Additionally, these new high-density, low-profile modules are guaranteed compatible with Intel Xeon processors based on the Nehalem architecture. The 8GB Crucial VLP RDIMM modules are available through select resellers worldwide and online.
VLP memory modules enable powerful and compact computing power within server systems, because they are designed to stand vertically in order to accommodate additional memory modules and enable improved system airflow. Blade servers, as well as servers utilized for virtualization, will benefit from these new high-density Crucial VLP modules.
"Our customers continue to adopt high-density computing solutions like blade servers, not only as they upgrade existing applications and platforms, but also as they adopt technologies like virtualization. The new 8GB Crucial DDR3-1066 VLP RDIMMs enable them to move to these solutions without compromising memory density, performance, or quality," said Jim Jardine, Lexar Media senior worldwide product manager.
The 8GB Crucial DDR3-1066 VLP RDIMMs are covered by the Crucial Reliance Program, which includes limited lifetime warranties, dedicated toll-free support, and an optional on-site spares program.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series