High Performance AMD Platform ASUS KFSN5-D Serverboard with Green Design for High Power Efficiency
Taipei, Taiwan, Setember 9, 2008 - ASUS, producer of high quality server hardware, recently launched the new ASUS KFSN5-D serverboard to meet user demand for a platform that provides efficient enterprise-class and computing intensive applications. Featuring ASUS' unique PIKE and Flex-E technology, the KFSN5-D incorporates cutting-edge technology to include support for the Quad-Core / Dual-Core Opteron chipset, DDR2 667/800* and ASUS' Green Design-making the KFSN5-D the optimal serverboard choice for end users.
Green Design with Over 90% High Power Efficiency
The KFSN5-D delivers optimized power efficiency of up to 90% and beyond-exceeding the power efficient quotient in comparison to generic serverboards*1 and offers a significant reduction of the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), especially for enterprises and IDC deployments that provide numerous server systems for 24x7 non-stop services.
Flexible Storage Options with ASUS PIKE Upgrade Kit
ASUS provides an optional PIKE 1064E (4-port SAS), PIKE 1068E (8-port SAS) and PIKE 1078 (8-port SAS with Hardware RAID5 & RAID6) to directly upgrade SATA storage to SAS storage; and supports various RAID functions without any other hardware upgrade-allowing users to just invest on basic SKUs for existing usage while enjoying multiple expansion benefits. In addition, the PIKE kit also reduces the qualification resources for testing and inventory management efforts for customers-helping to providing savings all around.
Please visit http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=9&share=icon/11 for further information regarding the PIKE technology
ASUS Flex-E for Auto-switching of PCI-E Configurations
This unique feature transforms the KFSN5-D into a dual-use serverboard. With a PCI Express x16 (x16 link) that will automatically switch to a x8 link if its PCI Express x8 (x8 link) on slot five is occupied, the KFSN5-D allows users to enjoy the flexibility of both server/workstation modes. The PCI Express x16 (x16 link) supports professional workstation graphic cards; while the PCI Express x16 (x8 link) provides ideal support for Infiniband HBA, SATA RAID HBA, internal and external SATA RAID HBA in storage utilization.
Longer Lifetimes and Higher Reliability with All Conductive Polymer Caps
To provide better durability, electronic conductivity and longer lifetimes, the KFSN5-D is equipped with all conductive polymer capacitors to provide better durability, electronic conductivity and longer lifetime than before. These capacitors help reduce energy loss and have better thermal characteristics for system reliability.
High Computing Capability & DDR2 Support
The KFSN5-D also contains 16 DIMM slots to provide support for up to 64GB of DDR2 533/800*2 Reg. ECC memory-providing excellent computing capabilities while reducing heat generation from memory modules.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard