VIA Announces Integration with Microsoft RemoteFX Technology
VIA designing future compatibility with Microsoft RemoteFX, bringing advanced virtual desktops running on Windows Server 2008 R2
Taipei, Taiwan, 19 March 2010 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced plans to support Microsoft RemoteFX, a feature being developed for Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.
"VIA is excited to work with Microsoft in bringing the latest virtual desktop technologies to the fast evolving thin client sector," said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Adding Microsoft RemoteFX to our media system processor technologies will deliver a more visually compelling, multimedia-rich virtual desktop experience."
"As organizations plan to deploy a centralized computing architecture with virtualized or session-based desktops, IT professionals want to deliver a premium user experience to connected workers," said Mike Schutz, director of product management at Microsoft Corp. "The Microsoft RemoteFX feature in Windows Server will allow remote workers to access any type of application or screen content, including rich media and 3D applications. Companies such as VIA Technologies are offering a path to the future by investing in solutions today that will increase the flexibility and performance of a centralized desktop environment."
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. https://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Intel teases its graphics card in prototype renders
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced