VIA Announces Integration with Microsoft RemoteFX Technology
VIA designing future compatibility with Microsoft RemoteFX, bringing advanced virtual desktops running on Windows Server 2008 R2
Taipei, Taiwan, 19 March 2010 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced plans to support Microsoft RemoteFX, a feature being developed for Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.
"VIA is excited to work with Microsoft in bringing the latest virtual desktop technologies to the fast evolving thin client sector," said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Adding Microsoft RemoteFX to our media system processor technologies will deliver a more visually compelling, multimedia-rich virtual desktop experience."
"As organizations plan to deploy a centralized computing architecture with virtualized or session-based desktops, IT professionals want to deliver a premium user experience to connected workers," said Mike Schutz, director of product management at Microsoft Corp. "The Microsoft RemoteFX feature in Windows Server will allow remote workers to access any type of application or screen content, including rich media and 3D applications. Companies such as VIA Technologies are offering a path to the future by investing in solutions today that will increase the flexibility and performance of a centralized desktop environment."
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. https://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ