HP Unveils New Commercial Notebook PCs
Today, HP introduced its first multitouch-enabled tablet for business users as well as notebook PCs tailored for both enterprise and small and midsize businesses (SMBs). The HP EliteBook 2740p starts at 1.73kg and includes a 12.1-inch diagonal LED display or optional outdoor-view display with less reflection and a higher contrast for easier viewing in natural light. The touchscreen option allows users to get work done more intuitively and faster based on their choice of input methods. Multitouch gestures, finger taps and swipes across the screen allow users to navigate through applications and menus, as well provide access to information and websites.
The HP EliteBook 2740p offers a variety of battery solutions for lightweight configurations, including a six-cell li-ion prismatic battery, which provides up to 5 hours of uptime, and an optional HP 2700 Ultra-Slim Battery that provides up to 11 hours when combined with the standard battery.
The HP EliteBook 2540p offers business users a choice of Intel Core processors in either standard voltage for maximum performance - a first for HP ultra-portable notebooks - or low voltage for increased flexibility with the convenience of an optical drive or secondary hard drive. As the lightest-weight offering in the HP EliteBook portfolio, the HP EliteBook 2540p is equipped with a 12.1-inch diagonal LED display, optional 2-megapixel webcam with business card reader software and HP Fingerprint Sensor.
The HP EliteBook 2540p includes multiple battery options for lightweight configurations or longer battery life, including a three-cell battery that provides up to 4 hours, a six-cell battery that provides up to 8 hours, and a nine-cell battery that provides up to 10.5 hours.
Also available for select EliteBook models are three- and six-cell HP Long Life Batteries, providing a three-year life span - up to twice as long as most li-ion notebook batteries. HP Long Life Batteries reduce overall battery waste by requiring fewer batteries to be used over the life of a PC.
Additionally, the HP EliteBook 2740p and 2540p come preloaded with a trial version of HP SkyRoom, an affordable, high-definition videoconferencing software that offers live, real-time collaboration for face-to-face meetings.
Big performance for small businesses
For small businesses, the company announced a new design of the HP ProBook s-series, featuring a durable brushed-aluminum metal case with a matte surface that is available in caviar or bordeaux.
The HP ProBook s-series is available in four HD LED-backlit display choices: HP ProBook 4320s (13.3-inch), HP ProBook 4420s (14-inch), HP ProBook 4520s (15.6-inch) and HP ProBook 4720s (17.3-inch).
Starting at US$719, the HP ProBook S-series provides an affordable combination of features in a full-function notebook PC, including all-new 2010 Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors, a choice of Intel HD Graphics or discrete graphics for advanced multimedia support featuring the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350 and multiple wireless technologies.
Logging on to Windows and other websites is fast and easy on HP ProBooks with HP Face Recognition for Protect tools, while an optional fingerprint reader adds another layer of security.
The HP ProBooks s-series features new multimedia controls for video and come loaded with the new ArcSoft TotalMedia Suite to allow users to play, edit and create video and audio files.
Pricing and availability
The HP EliteBook 2540p starts at US$1,299 and is expected to be available in Asia Pacific from end March 2010 onwards.
The HP EliteBook 2740p starts at US$1,699 and is expected to be available in Asia Pacific from mid April 2010 onwards.
The HP ProBook s-series starts at US$$699 and are expected to be available in the Asia Pacific from early March 2010 onwards.
The HP 2740 Ultra-Slim Expansion Base starts at US$299 and is expected to be available in Asia Pacific from 6 April 2010 onwards.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- Free-to-play made 80% of 2018 digital game revenues
- IO Interactive opens Swedish studio to work on new franchise
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!