ASUS R50 - The Mini and Mighty Ultra Mobile PC
Stay on the move, stay in touch and stay ahead with the R50
Taipei, Taiwan, August 28, 2008 - Performance on the move hits new heights with the ASUS R50. Weighing a nominal 520g, with a 5.6" LCD screen and at about the size of a passport wallet, the R50 is an secure and powerful mini-notebook with priceless portability and communication capabilities (such as WiFi and HSDPA 3.5G). The R50 is loaded with powerful features, fully enabling global communications, travelling and entertainment in any landscape across the world. With a built-in Premier GPS device, real-time navigation has never been so easy. Together with ASUS Photo Navigator, pictures can be documented along the roads travelled. So wherever you venture, the R50 offers the power, portability and performance to meet the demands of living and competing in the global market place.
Break free from constraints and get working and playing anywhere with the R50. Featuring all the power and functionality of a notebook, this mini powerhouse weighs in at a cool 520g and enables easy access to the Internet via its full connectivity features. With a Sun Read touchscreen, sharp and clear images are guaranteed whether working outdoors in the sun's rays or in brightly lit offices. With a built-in camera, live video communication with friends and family is hassle free anytime!
The R50 enables the adventurer to freely work and roam across any environment, from the chaos of the city to the drama of the desert and the magic of the mountains. All you need to do is slip the R50 out of the pocket and onto the dashboard to receive immediate details on how to reach your destination. With its great power and portability, you can work in 'real time' anywhere. Document and share your journeys with the ASUS Photo Navigator where images can be captured with a 2 mega pixel, auto focus outward camera, recorded and fully documented with location information, giving your friends an intimate sense of your journey.
Entertainment on the Go
Take some time out whilst on the road with the R50's on-board entertainment. With the built-in mobile theater and optional TV tuner, you can catch your favorite TV programs and with Microsoft MCE you can listen to the latest sounds and indulge in your favorite movie. The wide screen enhances the visual experience, enabling the luxury of portable entertainment on your travels.
Security at Your Fingertips
Making use of one of a human being's most unique modes of identification, the R50 protects your data with a fingerprint scanner. It utilizes a sophisticated pattern-matching technology and reads directly off the layer of skin on the finger - making it almost impossible to breach. With such security, you can rest assured of full protection, all the time.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit https://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's Ranger class has a Destiny Titan-like bubble shield
- Nintendo Switch outsells PS4 2:1 in Japan
- Expert opinion: the best online privacy tool (sponsored)
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Dungeon Brawler 'Breach' Now Available On Steam
- Official game reveal trailer released for Sea Salt
- The Pokemon Company International Unveils 'Pokemon Detective Pikachu' Movie Merchandise
- Wield the sword and save the future when Oniken: Unstoppable Edition leaps onto consoles next month
- Save the world from darkness in fantasy action-platformer Odallus: The Dark Call