Synology┬« launches Cost-effective, Scalable SMB Solution
DS710+ delivers ultimate energy efficiency and performance
Milton Keynes, UK -February 11, 2010- Synology┬« UK, leaders in open source network attached storage solutions announced today the DiskStation DS710+ aimed primarily at SMB and home enthusiast users. Shipping with Synology's award winning DiskStation Manager 2.2 web-interface, the DS710+ can be set up and configured within minutes without the requirement of extensive technical knowledge.
"As far as a small or medium business is concerned, the DS710+ ticks all the right boxes," exclaimed Victor Chiang, Sales and Marketing Director, Synology UK. "Smaller than the size of a shoe box, the DiskStation is powerful, secure and reliable enough to cope with the majority of a company's backup, IT and internet requirements at a low initial cost outlay and on-going running costs."
The DS710+ is one of the few Synology DiskStations based on an Intel┬« processor, consuming just 31 watts of power1 while providing excellent performance. It can be expanded up to 14TB with the optional DX510 external drive unit (launching March 2010) and supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 5, and 6 delivering over 110MB/s read and 100MB/s write speeds within a Windows environment2.
"Today's small business environments require network attached storage solutions that support multiple clients and protect data while reducing operational costs", said Seth Bobroff, General Manager, Intel Data Center Group, Storage. "The Intel┬« Atom┬Ö processor D410 with integrated storage features within Synology's solution delivers an energy-efficient and cost-effective platform that helps manage networked data."
"Yet again, Synology has done a superb job reducing power consumption to a minimum without compromising functionality and performance", Chiang reiterated. "With the use of Synology's scheduled power down function, hard drive hibernation and wake-on-LAN support, it's possible the DS710+ will consume less power than an energy-saving light bulb3".
With the release of DiskStation Manager 2.3 in March 2010, the free upgrade will enable Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) allowing the use of different capacity drives and a more simplified RAID configuration and setup. The upgrade will also enhance backup, encryption, remote web-file access and add Amazon┬« S3 remote backup support.
The DS710+ is available immediately from dabs.com
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1650 starts at $149 and uses 75W
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes