TRENDnet Expands GREENnetT Product Portfolio
TORRANCE, Calif. - January 8, 2010 - TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch, model TEG-S80Dg, which features TRENDnet's embedded power saving GREENnetT technology.
GREENnetT is a TRENDnet switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENnetT technology can reduce port-based power consumption by up to 70%.
GREENnetT solutions automatically detect if an Ethernet port is not in use and will reduce the amount of power sent to the respective unused port. A port may not be in use when either no device is connected to the port, or when the device that is connected to the port is powered down or in Standby mode. Less power is required to send data over shorter cable lengths. GREENnetT technology automatically detects the length of respective connected cables and adjusts the power supply accordingly. GREENnetT technology functions automatically, requires no management, and has no affect on product performance.
The 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch, model TEG-S80Dg, boosts efficiency and eliminates network congestion with a total switching capacity of 16Gbps with Full-Duplex mode support for all eight Gigabit Auto-Negotiation RJ-45 ports. The device offers a convenient built in power supply, simple Plug and Play installation, diagnostic LEDs convey port status, and Jumbo Frame support transfers more data in less time. The TEG-S80Dg comes with a five year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners this month. The MSRP for the TEG-S80Dg is US $49.99.
"TRENDnet has released 14 products with integrated GREENnetT power saving technology over the last 12 months," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "An additional 10 GREENnet products are scheduled for launch in 2010. Our actions support our commitment to develop network hardware solutions that help reduce our carbon footprint."
Full list of TRENDnet products with integrated power saving GREENnetT technology:
TEW-673GRU: 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEW-672GR: 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEW-652BRP: Wireless N Home Router
TEW-651BR: 150Mbps Wireless N Home Router
TEW-639GR: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEW-634GRU: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router with USB Port
TEW-633GR: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEG-S80Dg: 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TEG-S80g: 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TEG-S50g: 5-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TEG-S5g: 5-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TE100-S16Eg: 16-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
TE100-S80g: 8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
TE100-S50g: 5-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit https://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit