ADAPTEC DISCUSSES ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN THE DATA CENTER IN TECHTARGET PODCAST
Channel Education Needs to Start Today On How to Buy For the Future
WHO: Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT)
WHAT: With data centers continuing to grow at an exponential rate, power consumption is following suit. In order to address this issue and realize better energy efficiency, there are two options: 1) deploy equipment that is "fundamentally" more efficient, such as cooling, power-efficient CPUs, memory, etc. or 2) use less equipment - for example, server virtualization and multi-core CPUs allow for the same amount (or more) work with fewer physical resources. However, these changes do not address I/O - CPUs and networks have increased 100 times in speed over the last ten years, but I/Os per second and latency have remained the same.
SSDs change that equation. By combining the benefits of SSD latency and IOPS with SATA drive capacity and price into a High-Performance Hybrid Array (HPHA) - data center managers can achieve maximum I/O performance while reducing power consumption.
This podcast will discuss how data center managers, value-added resellers and system integrators can achieve energy efficiency in the data center.
WHERE: Search CIO/TechTarget
Learn how energy efficiency can be achieved in data centers
Understand HPHAs and their benefits to data center managers
Understand the benefits of Adaptec's data conditioning technologies, including the MaxIQ SSD Cache Performance Solution and Intelligent Power Management
Listen to Adaptec's vice president of technology, Jon Flower, and StorageIO's founder and senior analyst, Greg Schulz, discuss the power savings possible in today's demanding data centers
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard