Antec Expands TruePower Quattro Series with TPQ-1200
Antec's New 1200-Watt Power Supply Unit Introduces Greater Power Wattage and New PowerCache Technology
Fremont, CA - November 17, 2009 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the TPQ-1200, the latest addition to Antec's TruePower Quattro line of high-performance power supplies. The TPQ-1200 is Antec's first 1200-watt model and the first to feature Antec's new PowerCache technology.
The TPQ-1200 is the first consumer power supply to introduce PowerCache, a high-performance capacitor that delivers an extra power reserve where and when users need it most. Wired at the end of the graphics, CPU and motherboard connectors, PowerCache provides an extra margin of stability during even the most sudden changes in system demand. The TPQ-1200 also achieves 80 PLUS® Silver certification, which makes it at least 85% efficient at a wide range of operating loads. This higher energy efficiency allows users to save more on operating costs, reduce environmental impact, and improve the performance and reliability of their computer.
The TPQ-1200 features a quiet 80mm Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) fan which runs up to 50% quieter than standard voltage-controlled fans, while the straight-through design helps improve airflow and keep your power supply cooler. Meanwhile, Advanced Hybrid Cable Management reduces cable clutter and helps improve performance by keeping all necessary cables hardwired. Additional features include six +12V output circuits to spread power evenly throughout the system, DC to DC voltage regulator modules and high-quality Japanese brand capacitors for enhanced system reliability. The TPQ-1200 is designed to support quad core, Core i7 and Core i5 CPUs, quad GPUs and is NVIDIA Quad SLI-Ready certified, as well as ATI CrossFire certified.
With power demands for many high-performance users on the rise, Antec created a unit that not only delivers increased power wattage, but more features to ensure improved all-around performance. The TPQ-1200 will be the third in Antec's TruePower Quattro series.
"Introducing a 1200-watt power supply is not just about more power," said Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "The TPQ-1200 delivers superior performance on all levels- the wattage, the 80 PLUS® Silver certification, our new PowerCache technology- making it an ideal solution for true high-performance users."
The TPQ-1200 is available now for an estimated price of $299.99 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors. The TPQ-1200 is backed by Antec's Quality 5-Year Limited Warranty. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit https://www.antec.com.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!