Kingston Digital Ships Secure, Affordable USB Flash Drive
DataTraveler Locker+ Allows Portable Security at Lower Cost
Fountain Valley, CA -- November 17, 2009 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler® Locker+ USB Flash drive. The DataTraveler Locker+ allows companies of any size to secure mobile data with the ease and confidence of knowing that their data is encrypted and safe. The DataTraveler Locker+ also comes at a lower cost in times of shrinking IT budgets, making it ideal for budget-conscious companies.
"Kingston created this drive to address the rise in data loss and theft which has been a growing problem with expensive consequences. This device gives companies a solution that is not only affordable but provides peace of mind in securing mobile data," said Mark Akoubian, business manager, Secure USB Products, Kingston®. "The DataTraveler Locker+ encrypts 100 percent of the contents and is available at a price point that is very attractive for all entities looking to comply with corporate security policies."
Data on the Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ is secured with 256-bit hardware-based AES encryption. Access to the drive's contents is through a simple to use interface requiring a complex password. The likelihood of successful brute force attacks on the DataTraveler Locker+ is reduced as the drive locks down and reformats after 10 incorrect password attempts.
The 100 percent encrypted DataTraveler Locker+ ships in up to 32GB capacity. For companies in need of a partitionable area on the USB drive for public sharing (e.g., within an office setting), Kingston offers the DataTraveler Locker which allows both a public and encrypted zone. Kingston also ships the DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition for enterprise and government customers requiring a speedier, more robust Flash drive. It is also waterproof and Trade Agreements Act-compliant. For more information visit https://www.kingston.com.
DataTraveler Locker+ Features and Specifications:
Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption
Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
Enforced password protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
Easy to use: no admin rights or application installation required
Guaranteed: five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
Dimensions: 2.58" x 0.71" x 0.41" (65.76mm x 17.98mm x 10.7mm)
Capacities*: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°to 85°C)
Minimum System Requirements2:
- USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
- Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Does not support ReadyBoost.
First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit https://www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam