LaCie Announces Network Space 2 NAS and Media Server
LaCie today announced the LaCie Network Space 2, design by Neil Poulton - a leading-edge Network Attached Storage (NAS) and media server. The LaCie Network Space 2 combines the performance of a full-featured NAS solution, with a unique and customised way to manage the total experience.
LaCie Network Space 2 was designed to be as convenient and user-friendly as a classic USB external hard drive. With the advanced LaCie Network Assistant, you can be up and running in a few short steps. To help you manage your desired product preferences, the LaCie Network Assistant now offers new dashboard functionality. You can customise the dashboard with useful widgets to access network and drive information, administer user accounts and monitor drive capacity.
LaCie Network Space 2 makes it easy to stream photos, music and videos to computers on the local network or to any UPnP/DLNA compliant devices like PlayStation®3 or Xbox® 360. It includes iTunes server software so Mac and PCs can see and play content from the LaCie Network Space 2 directly through the iTunes interface. It also includes Download Machine that allows multiple torrent downloads, even when your computer is turned off.
High Performance and Versatility
While the LaCie Network Space 2 can perform at speeds of up to 65MB/s** over the Ethernet connection, you may choose to leverage it as an external USB hard drive - connecting it directly to your computer for off-network file transfer and accessibility.
Additionally, there is a USB 2.0 host connection in the front of the device that allows you to connect a USB flash drive, external hard drive or digital camera, and import files automatically without the need of a computer.
The LaCie Network Space 2 includes a built-in power management widget, which lets you control both the light on your drive, as well as your drive's Eco Management; placing the drive into a low power setting at scheduled time intervals or when the product is inactive. Additionally, the LaCie Network Space 2 can be awakened through its Wake-on-LAN functionality, making it a powerful, efficient and eco-friendly media server for the home.
"The LaCie Network Space 2 is a state-of-the-art solution for customers wanting to share and store media files from anywhere in the house," said Patrick Salin, LaCie Digital Home Business Unit Manager. "LaCie's new dashboard functionality makes it simple for users to enjoy the features of network storage, and further shows our commitment to enhancing the experience of our customers."
Designed exclusively for LaCie by Neil Poulton, the compact LaCie Network Space 2 has a sleek, mirror-polished black finish with a blue LED strip on its underside that creates an ambient glow.
The LaCie Network Space 2 is available in 1 TB capacity late October for Europe and mid November worldwide, through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+, and through authorised resellers and retailers, at the suggested retail price of £139 (Incl VAT)
Latest News Posts
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- GIGABYTE's new X399 Designare EX motherboard looks GREAT
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower