Nokia launches its first TD-SCDMA device - the Nokia 6788
October 27, 2009
Beijing, China - Nokia today announced the Nokia 6788, its first device for TD-SCDMA - China's domestic 3G standard, at an event in Beijing. The Nokia 6788 is the result of close collaboration between Nokia and the world's largest mobile phone operator, China Mobile.
Speaking at the event, said Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, CEO of Nokia: "Nokia sees TD-SCDMA as being central to the successful evolution of 3G in China, and so is fully committed to this 3G standard. With a wide range of integrated China Mobile applications, the Nokia 6788 marks a new level of collaboration with China Mobile and offers enriched experiences to China's 3G users. Nokia plans to introduce more TD-SCDMA phones in the near future, further boosting the development of this 3G standard in China."
"We are excited to see the launch of Nokia 6788," said Mr. Lu Xiangdong, Vice President of China Mobile Communications Corporation. "With extensive experience in the China market, Nokia will provide Chinese consumers with TD-SCDMA solutions that are perfectly catered to their needs. Such cooperation between the world's largest operator and the world's leading mobile phone manufacturer will provide an important boost to the development of TD-SCDMA in China."
The Nokia 6788 is specifically designed for China Mobile's network and offers rich data services. It is an all-in-one device that provides its users with faster Internet speeds and download times. Featuring a 5-megapixel (2592 x1944) camera with a dual-LED flash, a 2.8" QVGA display, and the hugely-successful Symbian S60 platform, the Nokia 6788 allows people to instantly share the things that matter to them most.
Inspired by traditional Chinese furniture and architecture, the Nokia 6788 incorporates Chinese design elements including traditional Chinese patterns on the back of the slide and the battery cover. The Nokia 6788 is expected to become available at the end of December 2009.
TD-SCDMA (time division synchronous code division multiple access) is a 3G mobile telephone standard developed by the China Academy of Telecommunications Technology (CATT).
TD-SCDMA combines support for both circuit-switched data, such as speech or video, and packet-switched data from the Internet. The standard combines time division multiple access (TDMA) with an adaptive, synchronous-mode code division multiple access (CDMA) component.
Nokia is a pioneer in mobile telecommunications and the world's leading maker of mobile devices. Today, we are connecting people in new and different ways - fusing advanced mobile technology with personalized services to enable people to stay close to what matters to them. We also provide comprehensive digital map information through NAVTEQ; and equipment, solutions and services for communications networks through Nokia Siemens Networks.
Latest News Posts
- Wolfenstein II goes old school, with a new demo released
- Tesla's battery grid in South Australia finished early
- Project CARS 2 demo now available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Ethereum reaches record high of $414, mining is now easier
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil: real custom Vega
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ