GIPS: 'How to Implement HD-Voice Successfully'
A Free Webinar from Global IP Solutions and other HD Voice Experts
SAN FRANCISCO - October 15, 2009 - Recognizing the surging demand from consumers and businesses for a high value communication experience, HD (High Definition) voice is the next critical offering in IP communications across all IP communication devices, wireless and wireline service providers, Internet Service Providers, equipment manufacturers (mobile and telco), application developers and enterprise software developers.
HD voice gives a more 'life-like' communications experience that provides crispness, clarity and better understanding compared to standard Internet Telephony, there's no interest in returning to standard telephony. Similarly, people are familiar with the benefits of HD video, thanks to HDTV and Blu-ray, and today it's pervasive.
Mostly driven by this demand and the current economic downturn, the HD voice market is expected to grow to more than $3 billion a year, offering a superior communication experience like no other. HD voice offers greater intelligibility, comfort and improved end-user experience without the audio fatigue that conference and telephone calls suffer from today.
However, a number of technical issues must be overcome in order to achieve a truly consistent HD voice sound, such as:
What is actually required for HD voice?
How do you deal with inherent issues of IP networks?
How do you choose a HD voice codec?
Plus, a case study in HD voice deployment from CommuniGate Systems.
Join this free webinar, sponsored by Global IP Solutions, to discuss HD voice issues relevant to enterprises, equipment manufacturers, application and enterprise software developers and service providers.
Host: Rich Karpinski - Executive Editor, TelephonyOnline
Larry Golob, Vice President of Business Development, Global IP Solutions
Scott Stonham, Vice President of Marketing, CommuniGate Systems
Date: Wednesday, October 28 2009
Time: 2 pm ET / 11 am PT
To register for the webinar, please visit https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid=166441&sessionid=1&key=0953938357EFBFAA3CB92390E3A37DC5&partnerref=solo1&sourcepage=register
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes ANET, Citrix, CommuniGate, KT Networks, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, Tencent, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit https://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit