Pretec Unveils Enhanced Security Technology for Military & Defense Storage -
World's Most Efficient Data Self-Destruction SSD
London, United Kingdom, Sept. 8th 2009 －
Pretec, one of the earliest pioneers offering secure and reliable flash storage since 1993 and the creator of "UltimateGuard," the most seamless security solution for flash storage, continues to expand its portfolio by unveiling today the world's most efficient self-destruction SSD which requires only 0.1 second for enhanced information security required by the Military & Defense industry, at Defense Systems & Equipments International 2009 (Booth # 895 UK Group).
The patented Pretec self-destruction technology is invented to fully safeguard confidential data from being tampered through unauthorized access. When the flash storage device is requested to quickly erase all of its contents in an urgent situation, it typically takes more than 20 seconds to complete for the fastest flash disk available today. In military operation, many times there won't be 20 seconds time for solders to erase all data inside the SSD, which allow enemies to potentially retrieve the confidential data easily once the SSD falls into hostile hand. Pretec's self-destruction SSD takes only 0.1 second. After the initiation of the self-destruction command, several layers of fast erase are kicked off till all data are destroyed. Such process of self-destructing mechanism cannot be aborted or stopped even if the storage device is removed.
Self-destruction technology can be implemented in various storage form factors SSD such as CF card, ATA flash card, MIDE card etc, to enable a ruggidized and secure medium for recording confidential data generated from military armors. The intent is to assure the topmost level of storage security without worrying about information leak, especially at war times when missiles or military vehicles are under competitors' control.
Also in Pretec's full-fledged security line-up are "UltimateGuard,"a multi-purpose solution combing antivirus and 256-bit AES encryption/decryption features; "Hardware 256-bit AES engine SSD" which includes USB flash, ExpressCrad and CF/ATA card; "Magic Chamber," a proprietary technology built upon access control which has the Anti-copy and invisible protected area features, and Biometrics Fingerprint management for personal data protection. With its long history, comprehensive data security flash solutions and innovative technology in the industrial flash storage business, Pretec is a leading provider of storage products designed specifically to meet customer's needs while they benefit from a better user experience with a low total cost ownership (TCO).
Pretec (http://www.pretec.com) offers a complete spectrum of small form factor memory cards and card readers such as CF, SD/MMC, USB Flash Drive, and wireless communication devices for digital imaging, mobile communication, and industrial flash markets. As the 2nd company in the world to offer CF cards since 1995 and the company to create CF I/O and SD I/O cards since 1998, Pretec has consistently demonstrated the Largest capacity flash cards in the world: such as CF 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 16GB, 24GB, 48GB, 64GB, 100GB and SD 4GB, SDHC 8GB 16GB 32GB; the fastest flash card in the world: such as CF 433X/667X, world's 1st CFast Storage Card, word's 1st SDXC card, SD166X, USB 233X, and SSD (IDE/SATA) 400X. With more than 200 patents granted or filed, Pretec has also been offering the smallest USB flash drive in the world with unique technology: such as i-Disk Tiny ("Best Gear of 2003" by TIME Magazine) and i-Disk Diamond; the most reliable flash card in the world: such as rugged PCMCIA, rugged CF card, and i-Disk Bulletproof, a water-proof, fire-proof, and bullet-proof USB flash drive. In 2008, Pretec's i-Disk Swing Reflection was awarded the iF Product Design Award for its mirror-like appearance from luscious black to shining silver.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit