Pretec Unveils Enhanced Security Technology for Military & Defense Storage -
World's Most Efficient Data Self-Destruction SSD
London, United Kingdom, Sept. 8th 2009 －
Pretec, one of the earliest pioneers offering secure and reliable flash storage since 1993 and the creator of "UltimateGuard," the most seamless security solution for flash storage, continues to expand its portfolio by unveiling today the world's most efficient self-destruction SSD which requires only 0.1 second for enhanced information security required by the Military & Defense industry, at Defense Systems & Equipments International 2009 (Booth # 895 UK Group).
The patented Pretec self-destruction technology is invented to fully safeguard confidential data from being tampered through unauthorized access. When the flash storage device is requested to quickly erase all of its contents in an urgent situation, it typically takes more than 20 seconds to complete for the fastest flash disk available today. In military operation, many times there won't be 20 seconds time for solders to erase all data inside the SSD, which allow enemies to potentially retrieve the confidential data easily once the SSD falls into hostile hand. Pretec's self-destruction SSD takes only 0.1 second. After the initiation of the self-destruction command, several layers of fast erase are kicked off till all data are destroyed. Such process of self-destructing mechanism cannot be aborted or stopped even if the storage device is removed.
Self-destruction technology can be implemented in various storage form factors SSD such as CF card, ATA flash card, MIDE card etc, to enable a ruggidized and secure medium for recording confidential data generated from military armors. The intent is to assure the topmost level of storage security without worrying about information leak, especially at war times when missiles or military vehicles are under competitors' control.
Also in Pretec's full-fledged security line-up are "UltimateGuard,"a multi-purpose solution combing antivirus and 256-bit AES encryption/decryption features; "Hardware 256-bit AES engine SSD" which includes USB flash, ExpressCrad and CF/ATA card; "Magic Chamber," a proprietary technology built upon access control which has the Anti-copy and invisible protected area features, and Biometrics Fingerprint management for personal data protection. With its long history, comprehensive data security flash solutions and innovative technology in the industrial flash storage business, Pretec is a leading provider of storage products designed specifically to meet customer's needs while they benefit from a better user experience with a low total cost ownership (TCO).
Pretec (http://www.pretec.com) offers a complete spectrum of small form factor memory cards and card readers such as CF, SD/MMC, USB Flash Drive, and wireless communication devices for digital imaging, mobile communication, and industrial flash markets. As the 2nd company in the world to offer CF cards since 1995 and the company to create CF I/O and SD I/O cards since 1998, Pretec has consistently demonstrated the Largest capacity flash cards in the world: such as CF 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 16GB, 24GB, 48GB, 64GB, 100GB and SD 4GB, SDHC 8GB 16GB 32GB; the fastest flash card in the world: such as CF 433X/667X, world's 1st CFast Storage Card, word's 1st SDXC card, SD166X, USB 233X, and SSD (IDE/SATA) 400X. With more than 200 patents granted or filed, Pretec has also been offering the smallest USB flash drive in the world with unique technology: such as i-Disk Tiny ("Best Gear of 2003" by TIME Magazine) and i-Disk Diamond; the most reliable flash card in the world: such as rugged PCMCIA, rugged CF card, and i-Disk Bulletproof, a water-proof, fire-proof, and bullet-proof USB flash drive. In 2008, Pretec's i-Disk Swing Reflection was awarded the iF Product Design Award for its mirror-like appearance from luscious black to shining silver.
Latest News Posts
- Cheaper Switch model coming in June, sources say
- Call of Duty 2019 hyped at private playtest event
- Next-gen Switch isn't happening, sources at Nintendo say
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)