ASETEK ADDS LIQUID COOLING TO HP Z WORKSTATIONS
Asetek Technology Helps Improve Acoustics on Ultra Quiet Workstations from HP
SAN JOSE, CA, August 10, 2009 - Asetek, the industry leading supplier of liquid cooling systems for computers, announced today it has added its liquid cooling technology to the high performance HP Z400 and HP Z800 Workstations. These ultra quiet, liquid cooled models expand upon the low noise line of Z Workstations, noted for its breakthrough design, performance and reliability.
"Liquid cooling enables a new world of enhanced user productivity enabled by whisper quiet computing. The ultra quiet Z400 and Z800 liquid cooled models are representative of an important new trend in performance computing - improving user productivity through low noise," said Gary Baum, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Asetek. "Asetek liquid cooling is the enabling technology for achieving quiet computing and high system performance."
The HP Z400 and HP Z800 Workstations with liquid cooling are available at https://www.hp.com/go/workstations.
"HP is committed to designing breakthrough technologies into our award-winning HP Z Workstation line to deliver industry leading customer experience," said Jeff Wood, director, Worldwide Marketing, Workstations, HP. "Asetek has provided a new standard for achieving low acoustics that perform at the high levels our customers demand."
Noise is frequently associated with loud sounds; however, sounds need not be loud to be disturbing, intrusive, and bothersome. Noise is better defined as unwanted, uncontrollable or unpredictable sounds that intrude upon human activities.
Research has shown that common office noises, including computer noises, disrupt cognitive function and induce stress and fatigue. "The idea that people get used to noise is a myth," the Environmental Protection Agency has frequently reported. "Even when we think we have become accustomed to noise, biological changes still take place inside us."
An important consequence of noise relates to task performance. Office noise exposure has been shown to disrupt short term memory, interfere with mathematical computation and negatively impact the choice of strategies for carrying out tasks. The magnitude of the disruption is significant. The impact of office noise during both memory learning and recall phases reduces performance to about one-third of the level of a quiet environment.
While new to the mainstream workstation market, liquid cooling has long been a popular technology for performance enhancement in the enthusiast and gaming markets. Reliable and maintenance-free, Asetek liquid cooling systems have established themselves as the industry leading solution for commercially built PCs serving these markets.
Asetek is the world leading system thermal and acoustic management solution provider to OEMs servicing the gaming, workstation and performance PC markets. The company's liquid thermal management system delivers superior thermal and acoustic performance in a factory sealed unit that sets new standards for reliability and suitability for large volume production. Leading OEMs use Asetek's liquid cooling products in systems where end users demand exceptional performance, low noise and maximum reliability. Asetek's strong brand name products are often the favorite choice of enthusiast grade system builders having obtained more than 200 international press awards in the past decade.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit