Active Media Products Ships 1.8-Inch PATA ZIF SSD Upgrade for HP Mini
SaberTooth Z SSDs Turbo Charge HP Mini 1000 with up to 82MB/sec Transfer Speeds
Fremont, California - August 10, 2009 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and WWF series USB drives, today launched new 16GB and 32GB PATA ZIF SSD upgrades for HP mini netbooks with transfer speeds about twice as fast as the default drive.
"The SaberTooth Z cuts bootup and application load times in half." said Vice President of Sales at Active Media Products, Jerry Thomson. "HP Mini 1000 users will be amazed at the ease of installation and the difference it makes in performance."
Part Number Description Street Price
N16G-PATAZIF 16GB SaberTooth-Z PATA ZIF SSD, 82R/38W MB/sec $70
N32G-PATAZIF 32GB SaberTooth-Z PATA ZIF SSD, 82R/38W MB/sec $110
The SaberTooth Z has a 1.8-inch form factor and measures 54 x 32 mm. Using a PATA / IDE interface and a ZIF connector, the SaberTooth Z is guaranteed compatible with HP Mini 1000, 1010NR, 1030 NR and 2510P netbooks. Active Media Products uses the same Phison 3016 controller in its SaberTooth AA PATA half mini PCIe SSDs, so the reliability and performance are already proven. The controller hosts key features such as ECC, wear leveling and bad bit management that improve reliability and extend the life of the drive.
These SSDs support sequential read speeds up to 82MB/sec and sequential write speeds up to 38MB/sec. 16GB and 32GB SaberTooth netbook SSDs are available today through Amazon for $70 and $110 respectively.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. We envision unique new mobile storage devices that are vastly more interesting than traditional storage bricks, and we apply our product design and engineering talents to developing exciting new storage products. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to launch new ideas into the market a step ahead of the competition.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series