WhipTail Technologies Introduces 6TB SSD Tier 0 Storage Appliance
WhipTail Technologies Inc., a provider of solid-state drive (SSD) tier 0 storage appliances, announced availability of its 6TB WhipTail SSD appliance. Still manufactured as a 2 rack unit (2U), this makes WhipTail the highest-capacity SSD tier 0 appliance available to mid- to large-sized enterprises, with the smallest footprint.
"Enterprise customers continuously seek solutions that increase performance while satisfying their need for higher capacity. With advancements in technology, SSDs increasingly are sought after to deliver in many demanding applications," said Jeff Janukowicz, research manager, Hard Disk Drive Components and Solid State Drives, IDC. "As a relatively new player in the enterprise SSD space, WhipTail is making a name for itself with the introduction of 6TB, high performance SSD, a capacity point rarely seen."
WhipTail, now available in 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 TB and varying levels of redundancies, is best suited for enterprises with poorly performing databases, over-taxed virtualization storage pools and under-performing email systems.
When compared with traditional storage, the WhipTail SSD appliance:
- Accelerates the delivery of data by a factor of 10
- Reduces report run time by a factor of 10
- Provides up to a 90 percent energy savings
- Reduces the data center footprint by 60 percent
- Reduces database report generation and load time by 90 percent
- WhipTail pricing starts at $46,000 for a 1.5 TB system.
"One of Tier 0 storage's downfalls to date has been the perception within the industry that it's too expensive," said Ed Rebholz, CEO of WhipTail Technologies. "Since WhipTail's introduction earlier this year, we've already made significant strides in helping our industry peers to gain a new perspective. And in introducing the 6TB capacity, not only is WhipTail setting the bar for performance, footprint and affordability, but now we're the SSD capacity leader."
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit