Six-Core AMD Opteron HE Processor Delivers up to 18 Percent Higher Performance-Per Watt and up to 18 Percent Lower Platform-Level Power Consumption
AMD today announced the immediate availability of three new members of the Six-Core AMD Opteron processor family that specifically address rising demand for balanced systems with increased performance yet greater power-efficiency for cloud computing and web serving environments.
- The 55W ACP Six-Core AMD Opteron HE processors are currently shipping for 2-, 4- and 8-P systems and available today in new systems from HP, addressing the needs of dynamic, performance hungry and power constrained data centers. Systems from additional OEMs are expected to come to market throughout Q309.
- These new processors meet the market demand for highly scalable, power-efficient systems that are especially well suited for Web serving and cloud computing workloads and they are available with the same AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) technology and AMD-P technology features and advanced I/O capabilities as the standard power Six-Core AMD Opteron processors.
- The new Six-Core AMD Opteron HE processor offers up to 18 percent lower platform-level power consumption over the standard wattage version. (AMD Opteron processor Model 2425 [SPECpower_ssj 2008 1228 overall ssj_ops/watt, 419,277 ssj_ops, & 221W @ 100% target load] compared to AMD Opteron processor Model 2435 [SPECpower_ssj 2008 1228 overall ssj_ops/watt, 487,764 ssj_ops & 270W @ 100% target load]).
- It also delivers up to 18 percent better performance-per-watt compared to the quad-core version. (Six-Core AMD Opteron processor Model 2425 HE [SPECpower_ssj 2008 1228 overall ssj_ops/watt, 419,277 ssj_ops, & 221W @ 100% target load] compared to Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor Model 2376 HE [SPECpower_ssj 2008 1044 overall ssj_ops/watt, 346,326 ssj_ops & 210W @ 100% target load]).
- Processors with even greater energy efficiency are planned to be available later this year for the market segment where low power is the singular priority requirement.
- For customers that require the ultimate performance for mission critical workloads such as database and CRM applications, AMD is also unveiling two new, full-featured Six-Core AMD Opteron SE processors at 2.8 GHz for 2-, 4- and 8-P systems.
"Since our initial introduction of multi-core processors for the server market, it's been the AMD mission to help IT managers reduce datacenter energy costs without compromising performance," said Patrick Patla, vice president and general manager, Server Business, AMD. "These new lower power Six-Core AMD Opteron processors feature the highest performance-per-watt that we have brought to market, and help drive down power consumption while addressing the shifting cloud and Web landscape of today's datacenter. And with six cores of compute power and Direct Connect Architecture, these processors deliver no-compromise performance."
"Customers are using HP ProLiant G6 server solutions, which offer up to 45% better performance than previous generations, enabling customers to get more value out of their IT dollar," said Jim Ganthier, vice president of Marketing, Industry Standard Servers, HP. "The combination of HP ProLiant G6 server technology and Six-Core AMD Opteron HE processors provide customers with powerful and energy-efficient technology for a superior return on their server investment."
"IBM is all about innovation; and since 2003, we have worked closely with AMD to innovate with AMD Opteron processors in our System x and BladeCenter offerings," said Alex Yost, vice president, IBM Systems & Technology Group. "IBM has collaborated with AMD to offer the LS42, the only scalable blade server in the industry that can grow from 2 sockets to 4 sockets, protecting client investment. We will also introduce the new Six-Core AMD Opteron HE processor in our System x3755 server, including our innovative 3-socket implementation that helps clients to save cost and get competitive performance compared to 4-socket servers."
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:59 am CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de