ASUS to Offer Windows® 7 Upgrade to Customers Who Purchase an ASUS PC during Eligibility Period
Taipei, Taiwan, June 26, 2009 - We are pleased to announce that we will be offering the Windows® Upgrade Option Program to our users. Users who purchase a qualifying ASUS desktop PC, notebook, EeeTop PC or Eee PC during the eligibility period from June 26, 2009 through January 31, 2010 will be eligible to receive their Windows® 7 platform upgrade kits after the Windows® 7 General Availability Date.
Users will be able to upgrade from Windows Vista® Home Premium, Windows Vista® Business and Windows Vista® Ultimate to a corresponding Windows® 7 operating system (see Figure 1), while users who purchased eligible PCs and downgraded their operating systems from Windows Vista® to Windows® XP operating systems are also eligible for the upgrade program. The upgrade will be available in the languages listed in Figure 2.
"ASUS is pleased to announce that our customers worldwide who purchase qualifying ASUS products now will be able to enjoy all that Windows 7 has to offer as soon as it is available," said Tony Chen, Vice President of ASUS System Business Group. "The Windows Upgrade Option program through ASUS gives our users the advantage of buying a qualifying ASUS desktop PC, notebook, EeeTop PC or Eee PC now, with the guarantee of an upgrade to Windows 7 once it is launched. ASUS engineers have kept close pace with the development of Windows 7 right from the beginning and have made every effort to provide the best computing experience. The ASUS Windows 7 Upgrade Offer will be free in the USA, while users from other parts of the world will be able to enjoy the upgrade for a nominal shipping and handling fee."
"We are pleased with the level of collaboration between ASUS and Microsoft during the development of Windows 7," said Steve Guggenheimer, corporate vice president of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) division at Microsoft. "With the Windows Upgrade Option Program, we can help our joint customers get a PC now and be ready to enjoy all the benefits of Windows 7 when it becomes available in October."
Windows® Upgrade Option Program Procedures
Upon the purchase of qualified ASUS products (Figure 3), users should register their PCs for the Windows® Upgrade Option Program via the official ASUS website at http://event.asus.com/2009/windows7, and make their payments (Visa / MasterCard) for any applicable handling and shipping charges incurred. Once registered, users will receive their Windows® 7 upgrade kits after the General Availability Date.
Note: The products listed in the eligibility tables above are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information on the products that are eligible for the Windows® Upgrade Option Program, please visit http://event.asus.com/2009/windows7. Terms and conditions apply.
Latest News Posts
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media