Edimax delivers world class wireless technology solution for the home and business environment
Introducing the WP-S1100 wireless 802.11 b/g/n HD Projector Server
Sydney, Australia - 29 June 2009, Edimax, a company dedicated to the design, development, and manufacture of leading networking solutions, is proud to unveil a dedicated home wireless entertainment projector server. No more messy cables, the Edimax WP-S1100 utilises the latest wireless technology, High Definition compatibility, security features to deliver a stunning big screen experience and ease of access to the projector or TV.
Beats competitors on advance technology features
Featuring the unique ability to play HD content, the WP-S1100 Projector server boasts an HDMI output and support Full HD 1080p and encodes a wide range of video formats including H.264. This positions the Edimax WP-S1100 well ahead of it's competitors. The WP-S1100 utilses wireless N standards ideal for wireless video streaming from the media server or PC to a home cinema, boardroom or venues that require multimedia streaming.
Advanced wireless connectivity and security
The WP-S1100 is designed for users to share a projector or a video device (monitor, TV) within the wireless network. Using the latest 802.11n wireless technology, the Edimax WP-S1100 can deliver real time XGA/XVGA video with high resolutions in 32-bit colour. The wireless transmission is protected by 64/128-bit WEP, WPA and WPA2, 802.1x and WPS (WiFi Protected Setup), with a Session Login Code to protect unauthorized access, data is safe and secure at all times.
For business users, the WP-S1100 allows users to share a single projector with up to 16 users at once, wirelessly connecting to the Internet. During a presentation, other presenters can also access the Internet via the WP-S1100 when it is connected to a wireless Internet router. The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button also simplifies the steps to configure the encrypted wireless connection with ease for any home users that are not that tech savvy.
The WP-S1100 supports many video formats, such as MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, even the latest H.264. It can also play video files stored on other computers connected to the same wireless network. In addition, it features a USB port that allows users to simply plug in their USB flash storage devices into the WP-S1100 and play their favourite content directly without the need for a media server or PC.
* Presents screen contents from a computer or media server to the projector/monitor wirelessly
* Complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards
* Supports Full HD 1080p
* Supports VGA and HDMI with auto-scaling video output
* Supports MPEG 1/2/4, Motion-JPEG, WMV9 and H.264 video format
* Includes Infrared Remote Control for meeting control
* Shares Internet connection while presenting
* Supports operation system: Windows XP/Vista
Product and Pricing Summary
Model: WP-S1100 wireless 802.11 b/g/n Projector Server
RRP : AU$599
Australian Distributors: Bluechip Infotech
Availability: July 2009
Download High Resolution Image
Edimax Technology is a global manufacturer of a broad range of networking and connectivity solutions. Since its foundation in 1986, the company has grown to be one of Asia's leading manufacturer of networking products and solutions. Edimax's global presence includes subsidiaries in the USA, China and Europe. The company maintains branch offices in Miami, San Jose, Beijing, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Poland, Romania and most recently, France and Russia.The complete products range consists of Wireless solutions (802.11n/802.11g), Print Server solutions, xDSL Router solutions, Ethernet Switch solutions, PoE solutions, Powerline solutions, Network Access Controllers, Load Balancer solutions, IP Camera solutions, VoIP solutions, KVM Solutions and Media Converter solutions. Edimax is headquartered in Taipei County, Taiwan, and has been a listed entity at the Taiwan Stock Exchange since 2001. In 2007, the company's revenue reached US $100 million and its current workforce count is over 900 employees worldwide. Edimax's complete product portfolio fulfils all connectivity needs, whatever the network architecture or application requirements are.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit