Beta testers wanted for Shattered Horizon
New screenshots showcase zero gravity FPS for PCs
HELSINKI, FINLAND - JUNE 16, 2009 - Futuremark® Games Studio today
announced that they are seeking PC gamers to test their zero gravity
first-person shooter, Shattered Horizon. Gamers can sign up for the
private beta test at the official website.
Shattered Horizon, first announced at the Leipzig Games Convention last
year, sees players fight to survive in the aftermath of a catastrophic
Moon mining accident that throws billions of tons of rocky debris into
near-Earth space. Futuremark has released two new screenshots
showcasing the game's unique zero gravity environments.
"Playing a multiplayer FPS in zero gravity offers gameplay
possibilities that simply cannot be found in conventional shooters,"
said Antti Summala, Lead Game Designer at Futuremark Games Studio. "I
invite every gamer looking for an FPS that offers something new and
different to sign up for our beta test."
The beta is open to PC gamers from North America and Europe aged 18 and
above. The minimum hardware requirements are Windows Vista, DirectX 10
graphics card, dual core processor, Steam account and a broadband
Internet connection. No previous beta testing experience is necessary,
just enthusiasm and time to play.
About Futuremark® Games Studio
Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Corporation, was
formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and
entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon is the studio's first game,
announced at last year's Leipzig Games Convention. It will carry the
NVIDIA®: The Way It's Meant To Be Played seal. The game has not yet
been rated by ESRB, PEGI or other rating bodies.
About Futuremark® Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation is the world's leading provider of performance
analysis software and services for PCs and is best known for its
benchmark products, including 3DMark® and PCMark® with more than 45
million copies distributed worldwide. Futuremark is based in Helsinki,
Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more
information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
© 2009 Futuremark® Corporation. Shattered Horizon, Futuremark® Games
Studio, 3DMark®, PCMark® and YouGamers trademarks and logos,
Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the
exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Sledgehammer founders leave for new roles within Activision
- Burnout Paradise Remastered announced for PC, consoles
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit