VIA and ArcSoft Bring Full HD Audio to Home Theatre PCs
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced that the recently launched VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs, the VIA Vinyl VT1818S and 1828S, are now supported by ArcSoft's universal multimedia player, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.
With the rising demand for a realistic cinema experience in the comfort of the home, along with the growth in adoption of the Blu-ray Disc video format, VIA and ArcSoft have collaborated to provide an enhanced playback solution that makes home movie viewing more enjoyable than ever.
Essential for uncompromised audio performance, VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs support Blu-ray Disc audio content protection allowing for optimal, 24-bit/192 kHz audio output. Without content protection support, audio quality is dramatically reduced to that of a regular CD with a sampling rate of only 16-bit/48kHz.
"One of the most important aspects to the home theatre experience is a system's ability to provide high quality surround sound", said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "VIA's delighted that users of ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre will now be able to enjoy the multi-channel HD audio experience offered by VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs."
"ArcSoft is pleased to work with VIA in order to develop the best possible home entertainment solution for our customers," said George Tang, ArcSoft Vice President and General Manager of Video and Home Entertainment Group. "Combining our expertise in video playback with VIA's advanced HD audio technology allows us to deliver an exceptional audio visual experience to PC users."
The VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S HD Audio codecs are compliant with the latest Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and also provide support for optional sound effect software, including Dolby, DTS Connect, DTS Surround Sensation, Creative and QSound and SRS.
For further information on VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs, please visit the VIA website here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit