Synology® Unveils Disk Station Manager 2.2 and Showcases 09-series Disk Station and Surveillance Solution at Computex 2009
Taipei, Taiwan-June 2, 2009-At Computex today, Synology® Inc. unveiled new features of its upcoming system software, Disk Station Manager 2.2. Synology also showcased the full range of 09-series Disk Station and its network surveillance solution.
Disk Station Manager 2.2 includes all features of its predecessor - DSM2.1, plus the following new features:
1. iSCSI Target Support
2. iPhone Support - Photos, Music and Files
3. Apple Time Machine Support
4. DLNA Compliant Media Server
5. Built-in Firewall
6. New Surveillance Station 2 - SMS and More
7. New Download Station 2 - RapidShare and RSS Support
8. NTFS Write on External Drive
9. System Resource Monitor
"We are pleased to unveil Disk Station Manager 2.2," said Edward Lin, marketing director of Synology. "We responded to users' requests by blending in more notable features and refining existing applications, and we are confident this version will give users a more satisfying experience."
The 09-series Disk Station, an eye catcher since its launch in March, consists of three series to cater for different users' needs. The office to corporate data center series includes DS509+, DX5, RS409+/RS409RP+, RX4, DS409+, DS209+II, and DS109+. The home to corporate workgroup series contains DS209 and DS109, while DS409slim, DS409 and RS409 are new to this series. The home to small office series comprises DS209j and DS109j. The plug-n-use DX5 and RX4 can easily expand selected Disk Station's storage to up to 20 TB, delivering effortless volume expansion and data backup. The DS409slim is the first Synology 2.5" HDD NAS server with the characteristics of compact size, snap-in disk tray, SATA/SSD drive support and fan-off under normal operation, appealing to users who demand a green solution for easy file sharing and backup.
Synology's intelligent network surveillance solution includes an easy-to-manage network video recording software - Surveillance Station 2, a RAID protection NVR - Disk Station, and an affordable and power saving live-view appliance - Visual Station VS60, offering users an economical alternative to conventional NVR devices.
The Disk Station Manager 2.2 is expected to have its beta in July and official release in September. Release date of DS409slim, DS409, RS409 and Visual Station VS60 are to be disclosed. All other 09-series Disk Station are now shipping.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series